Thread: New member

Hello everyone, my name is Chris I live in CT if that wasn't obvious.

I just found this site and really liked what I saw.

I own a Spectra V3i which is my first detector.
    I have had it for three years, but didn't use it my second year because I discovered golf and became a golf addict.

This year I wanted to get back into metal detecting and try and really learn my machine.
    it hasn't been easy going at it alone not knowing anyone with experience metal detecting.

My first ten minutes on this site reading the V3 thread I learned a few things about my machine I never knew so thank you to all who shared their experience there.

Well just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to sharing my experiences as well as learning from yours.

Re: New member

Hello Chris , what part of the state are you at?? there are more than a few hobbyists here in Ct so wherever your living i'm sure theres a couple pretty close by. i'm up in Enfield but have been all over the state to detect. let me know if you want to attend a local metal detecting club meeting this tuesday night its a great place to meet fellow detectorists in your immediate area . glad you could join us here .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Welcome to the forum! You have a great machine.

Several of our staff and members here are among the most experienced and knowledgeable users of the v3i. There is a lot of good information here - looking forward to seeing your finds.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Welcome Chris!

...From Eastern Townships of Quebec! [attachimg=1]

V3i... Nice machine!

Daniel
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

Hi fellow nutmegger, Del is a golfer and I played for 30 years before finding mding. What type of hunting do you do?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Glad you found us here on American Detectorist, Chris!

I gave up on golf long ago. It was too frustrating for me. (Because I wasn't any good at it.) lol

Best of luck with your V3i. Keep us updated on your hunts! thumbsup01

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Chris, welcome from western MA. I too played the game of golf, or did it play me.....had to give it up cause of physical ailments but then mding came into my life. I also am swinging a V3i, it can be confusing. The 1st year I had it I primarily ran in C&J but then I discovered HI-PRO. Hope we can be of assistance to you.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome from southern Nevada.

That Hubbard Park looks like a gold mine for detecting. Have you tried it yet?

I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. There is plenty of folks here that would be happy to answer any of your questions. Looking forward to your finds and post. HH
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber link=topic=11464.msg124439#msg124439 date=1349438959

ive cleaned that park out and so has every other tom , dick and harry....lol
    welcome chris im in wethersfield ct and if you fancy going to the meeting on tuesday you can catch a ride with me if ya like.
    pm me if ya do.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=11464.msg124429#msg124429 date=1349428207
    Hi fellow nutmegger, Del is a golfer and I played for 30 years before finding mding. What type of hunting do you do?
    I'll hunt anything. I'm not particular. I do gravitate towards finding coins but I'm up for it all.

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=11464.msg124411#msg124411 date=1349398634
    Hello Chris , what part of the state are you at?? there are more than a few hobbyists here in Ct so wherever your living i'm sure theres a couple pretty close by. i'm up in Enfield but have been all over the state to detect. let me know if you want to attend a local metal detecting club meeting this tuesday night its a great place to meet fellow detectorists in your immediate area . glad you could join us here .

Dan
    I may take you up on the offer in the future. Thank you.

I'm in Meriden

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber link=topic=11464.msg124439#msg124439 date=1349438959

Several times. It's been hunted to death. I think the first thing anyone that buys a detector does is go there first. I've spent a lot of hours searching and other than clad I have found one mercury dime and a few wheaties. I have even ventured into the woods hoping to stumble across something but to date all I find is old beer cans and shotgun shells.

Every once in a while I go back and spend an hour searching a new piece of land. One day it will pay off. Another park that is picked clean is Brookside park it is the oldest park in town 1850's if memory serves. It doesn't get much use any longer other than the occasional hoodlum stabbing or shooting. Spent many many hours there for a tiny bit of clad and one wheatie and the old copper pipe that must have fed an old fountain at some point long ago. The pipe is probably worth a few bucks considering its 2 diameter and thick. Don't know how long I lost the signal after ten feet due to a rise in the landscape. That's not my style the pipe can and should stay there where its belongs.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. You have a great machine as a starter and you should find plenty of help here. good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Welcome to American Detectorist Chris. Glad to see you found us.

You have a very nice machine. Lots of great, helpful folks here more than willing to answer questions
    or share tips.

I'm looking forward to your posts and finds. :->

Hi Chris and welcome. There is plenty of experience here and members that have the same machine. They are all more than willing to lend a hand when needed. So take the opportunity.
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Welcome, from the Great Lakes State of Michigan.

You should have no problem getting help, here, with your machine.

GL & HH
    Keeping my community clean...one pull tab at a time.
    White's MX3; MineLab 305; Garrett ProPointer; Killer B's; Lesche and Fiskars Tools