Thread: DREAM or DREAM HUNT? 10/09/12

DREAM or DREAM HUNT? 10/09/12

Woke up this morning and had to wonder, did I just have a dream or was that really a dream hunt. This is how my dream went, my buddy afluke(Kim) had called me and said he had a day to do some night hunting if I wanted too. Well we met up and started to our hunting spot we discovered this summer, its about an hour and fifteen minutes from my house so we made it about 6:00pm. Afluke gets out and finds a wheat penny right off the bat with his 3030. I had put my trash coil on the Etrac, because I think my 11 inch coil has a problem. Well the night before I had hunted in TTF after talking to Lookn4gold and getting his advice. I elected to keep it on TTF and give it a try for a little bit before I gave the Deus a chance. I was not finding a dang thing and was getting ready to quit and bring in the Deus, when I got a 12-45 then a 12-46 on the screen, I could only get them in one direction. I about decided to not dig, but since I had nothing yet I decided what the heck. I dug down and couldn't get anything from my propointer, so I had again about decided to cover my hole, but thank goodness I didn't give up, after a fem more scoops of dirt was gone I finally got a tone from the propointer and stuck my digger down in the hole and heard something hit the tip of my digger.

As I pulled it out, 2 Silver quarters came flopping out and I might have got a little bit excited, even more so when I got another beep from the propointer. I then tracked afluke down and said you have got to see what I just found and I think their is more in the hole. Well the next thing that appeared was a 45 Merc, 3 silvers now, I ran the propointer back into the hole and sure enough beep beep. No way this could be another silver coin, but moments later it turned out to be another silver quarter. I ran the probe one more time and beep, beep, now I am on verge of a heart attack, but the next coin was about 1 year to late, it was a 46 nickel.

The next probing came up quiet, so I moved on with my hunt. I changed over to my Deus a little later and right off the bat I found a 56d wheat and then the clad started being found. After several more hours I came up on a 92, which is a silver dime, dug it and out pops a small silver ring. More time goes by and I start across an area that I knew had some fill sand added, figured I might pick up a few more clad coins. The very first signal was coming in at 95 which is a silver quarter, dug it and it turned out being a clad quarter. I was puzzeled why it rang up silver, barely moved my coil and a 95 was back, so I dug a new hole about a foot from the other and out pops a silver object that turned out to be a heavy silver ring. Now I am in big shock about the whole nights hunt.

Kim walks up and asked if I had found anything else and I showed him the newest ring find, after calling me some names(###@%$^^^$##) he said he would need to head back for Tulsa soon. I told him let me finish walking over to this one spot and then I would be ready to go. Well he followed me, watching me as I made my way to the ending spot, I got a very deep quarter signal that barley made a sound, I thought it was going to be a clad quarter. I started digging and about 4 inches down I hit some plastic that had been put down to help keep the grass from growing through, after a bit I made it past the plastic and was about 4 more inches down when I finally got a beep beep from the propointer. The next thing seen was a shiney rim of a 54 silver quarter.

Well after finding another silver coin, afluke decided we could hunt for a little longer and several more clads was captured. I moved to a spot that a Rosie had been found at, about 3 months earlier, was finding clad dimes and quarters, nothing to great, so I started working my way back to the truck, when I get a 92 signal, but could only get it in one direction. Didn't think it would be anything, but in the side of my hole set a dime, it looked like it might be silver. It was black in color, but with a wipe of my finger across the date I could see 1954, that seemed like a great place to call it quits for the night, as we still liked the hour and half drive to my house and then Kim still had over three to his house. We had a great time together as always and next time Kim has promised he is going to find all the silver, saying this to me with an scarry sounding laugh.(lol)

Well this morning when I found myself in bed thinking do I really want to look over on my computer table and see if this was all just a dream or did I just have a dream hunt. Man was I glad what I saw.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

90 cents of delight

Small Silver ring

Silver Spinner Ring

Group Photo

An Honest Man Is God's Noblest Work

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

Re: DREAM or DREAM HUNT? 10/09/12

wow, silver is just flying out of the ground!!! very impressive!
    Hello Wisconsin!

Elite Member

VERY nice coin spill you found there, and some other great finds too
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Candidate Member

Dave Sorry I Did not Get To Hunt With You Guys, What Great Finds, I do Have 3 old houses To hunt over in Texas 1Dates To 1920 And The Other 2 Date To 1840-1858

Did you hunt in a numismatic coin store? :hysterical:

Seriously for your hunt!
    French canadian from Quebec Hunting with :
    Fisher F5 Pro DD11
    Minelab Sovereign X2-S Pro

Yep! Thats what MDing dreams are made of! <:
    Nice pile of silver! |
    I dig the silver spinner ring! Thats cool!
    Congrats!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

What a haul!!!! Congrats on a GREAT hunt. WOW at all the Silver! Well Done!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

What a dream, I would have stayed until the sun came up and then some. on all the silvers and I am still waiting to get a spinner ring.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album