Thread: Newbie here and i'm going to buy the ACE-250

Newbie here and i'm going to buy the ACE-250

My neighbor got me hooked on this new hobbie so i'm looking at the ACE-250 for a beginner's model.
    I have 200 acres in Franklin Wi to hunt on.Is the ACE-250 good to begin with?

Re: Newbie here and i'm going to buy the ACE-250

a lot of people have used the ace 250 i myself have one that i got for my grandson he used it for about 3 months and then decided to get a detector of his own he made some good finds with it while he used it so yes it is a good one to strart out with good luck and we will look forward to your post dennis

Welcome to your new obsession and the forum from southern Nevada.

The Ace250 is a very nice machine. It's pretty sensitive, and I'd suggest bumping the sensitivity down a couple of notches when you're first learning the machine.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

welcome mate from ct.
    before going out and buying the ace have a little read of this
    http://www.americandetectorist.com/a...F2review.shtml
    ive used both and trust me the f 2 is better for the same money

Elite Member

Ild go ahead and buy the Ace350, they are about the same price, but it has some better features
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

The ACE 250 is a great beginner's machine. You'll do fine with it. Remember, it's more about the wizard than the wand. I found enough stuff with my ACE 250 that I was able to upgrade to an e-trac after 2 years. I made several MD videos with my ACE 250 and they are posted on youtube. You may want to watch some of them because I talked a lot about what I was hearing and what I was finding based on the different types of signals. Bets wishes and happy hunting, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Now i need to look at the F2.

I ended up buying the F2 package for $215 delivered no tax.
    All kinds of goodies too!

Great decision!
    A beast on clad and all coins, and just about everything else, too!
    Fantastic recovery speed, (still try to go slow, however), great target separation, VDI numbers on the the screen, not just icons, and a whole lot of fun all wrapped up into one of the best values on the market!
    Don't disregard that small sniper coil in your package, either.
    I have been using it most of the summer and it has found me a ton of stuff even at some sites I had hunted previously and thought I cleaned up.

I am primarily a jewelry hunter but I have several detectors and am happy to find anything and everything.
    Just to pump you up here are some of my finds with just the F2.
    I have learned a lot about this little wonder so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Vaq/F2/Compadre/Judge 2/F70-2015 finds a bunch of silver jewelry, several silver coins and 3 gold rings!

WOW digger i have the exact same peace ring i found at the beach this summer
    1 mercury

Quote Originally Posted by carl2112 link=topic=11644.msg126530#msg126530 date=1351810294
    WOW digger i have the exact same peace ring i found at the beach this summer
    That ring was found in a grassy island divider in a high school parking lot this summer.
    I was out in the 100 degree plus temperatures for literally 2 minutes when I found it, then I packed it in and got out of the heat.

I have read on other forums that one hunter just found an exact copy of that dolphin ring, recently, and that cross with the black enamel inlay was found by another.

Information on that 1922 token, however, is very hard to find, but an Alabama token book by Roy Woods did mention the fact that it is rated R10 and there are only 1-5 known to exist not counting mine.
    There is only one picture on the entire web that shows this one and it is mine that I posted on Richard's token database....
    http://tokencatalog.com/token_record...ecord_offset=0
    A lowly zinc signal about 4 deep in a section of an old park that used to have an older neighborhood built on that site back in the day.

Still one of my most cherished finds.

The gold 14k ring with the single diamond in the middle of the second pic was found in August in a park here in Kansas that had been hit by myself and the F2 with the 10 coil and by many others in the past.
    This was right next to a basketball court, and 4 days later on my very next hunt I found the little 14k heart ring and the 10k ring with the 4 diamonds within 15 yards of that first one.
    That single diamond ring is the first piece of jewelry I have ever found that I liked so much that I decided to keep and wear it myself, so I had it cleaned and resized and I am wearing it today.

The reason I found these three rings and others did not is through the use of the F2 and the sniper coil that enabled me to single out each signal.
    Lots of tab, foil and bottle caps in this park, but by acquiring each signal separately and digging all solid signals I found and recovered all 3 rings.

The heart ring was a foil signal, the other 2 were tab signals and I have always been a big fan of the dig it all philosophy hunting style for this exact reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Vaq/F2/Compadre/Judge 2/F70-2015 finds a bunch of silver jewelry, several silver coins and 3 gold rings!