Thread: vacation gold and silver

Veteran Member

vacation gold and silver

Family trip to the beach, and managed to get some swing time in. This was my first beach hunt with the V3 with a presumed good D2 coil, and I was happy with the performance for a land machine.

Managed to pull an 14K opal ring with 18 side stones (wife says the opal is real, not sure about the diamonds), and a 925 ring, that, quite frankly, looks a little cheesy, so I doubt the stone is real, whatever it is. The gold ring looks alot better in person. It is actually quite a nice looking piece.

I know you never show your finds to strangers while hunting, but I thought showing them to my wife was safe. Turns out the gold ring fits her, and she wants to keep it. So much for a down payment on that 6x10 coil
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Re: vacation gold and silver

Wow, that gold ring is gorgeous! I don't blame your wife for claiming it -- I would too. And it looks even better in person? It looks fantastic in the photo. I like the other one too, actually Congratulations! That V3 really pulls the gold!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

very sweet ring Randy , a real looker . congrats buddy thumbsup01

i hope the wife lets ya visit with it every now and then lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow! Great looking ring! I like the silver one too actually.

Nice rings. I like both of them lol I bet them Diamonds are real. Usually they don't put CZ's in a gold setting. They are small enough to be real. I hope they are. That opal is gorgeous. Your wife probably figures you don't need another coil, after all look what you found with that coil lol Why get you another lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Big mistake Randy.Big-Huge.Never show the nice jewelry finds to your wife or daughter because they will claim them.Oh well I guess you live and learn.
    But on a positive note you made some nice finds and made the wife happy with her new ring.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Beautiful rings Randy!! My wife was looking over my shouolder as I was looking at this thread and said what nice rings those are and all I bring home are those junker Peace Rings I just posted! >:\
    Congratz buddy!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.