2012 Totals :
    Silver-6(oldest 1737 1 reale)
    Coppers-18(oldest 1724 KGI)
    IH's-7
    Flying Eagle- 1
    V-nickels-2
    2012 Tick count-143

Re: 1763 Silver

What a super awesome coin. Congratulations !

Veteran Member

sweet deal! I wish we could find those here in Illinois. Hope you find more!

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=11828.msg127512#msg127512 date=1352980102
    Hello, I don't usually get over to the coins section as I always find coins and relics....until yesterday. I only dug one target and it turned out to be a coin.

I parked and headed to a cellar hole which was only a hundred yards from my car. When I get there I realized I didn't have my shovel. \:[ I marched back to the car. When back at the hole a got a signal that repeats as non-ferrous but never the same number twice - numbers varied from 79 to 90. Sounded like ammo of some sort. I start digging and then I realized I also left my pin pointer in the car. \:[ So I continued digging.....shouldn't be too hard to find....I recall life before pin pointers. Well, I had a devil of a time. So much so that I left everything there and went back for the pinpointer. I finally located this 1763 reale. I had the same locating problem when I dug a half reale this summer. I'd have put the coin in my coin keeper but I also left my pouch in the car! 8/
    Congrats on the 1/2 reale which is in GREAT shape for it's age,hope you find more in the coming year too. HH and best of luck.....

Holy Smokes Drew! What a great find. The dirt is not even that old here in Colorado. lol Congratulations on a beautiful piece of history.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Great find ! thumbsup01
    Always looking for that next ring !!