Thread: Anyone with questions on Fisher, Teknetics detectors feel free to holler!

Anyone with questions on Fisher, Teknetics detectors feel free to holler!

Feel free to contact me. Be glad to help or make you a great AD deal!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

Re: Anyone with questions on Fisher, Teknetics detectors feel free to holler!

Yes I have a T2 and I have 2 questions.
    1 question. What if eight years dreaming dream former woman was tired of waking up at night. >:{
    2 question.. How many of you now is the big coil on T2, and how much it costs to send to Ukraine.

Candidate Member

Re: Anyone with questions on Fisher, Teknetics detectors feel free to holler!

my question is , what is a good entry level machine for a begginner( teenager) that she will not outgrow in a year that is moderately priced and dependable. will mostly be used for coins/ jewelry, but dont want to rule out relics and such

Hello I would like to get a 5" coil and rain cover for my Eurotek Pro, what advantage does a smaller coil give over the standard 8", is what I understand it lets me get closer between targets? Thanks, Otis.
    Eurotek Pro, Tesoro El Dorado
    best find: 1881 $5.00 gold coin
    oldest find: 1864 Indian head penny
    garrett pro pointer

I have a Teknetics Delta 4000. Can anyone help me with understanding the Sensitivity setting? What are the physical effects of adjusting this setting? I believe it defaults to 08. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not certain if you were asking for basic sensitivity info or something more complicated. The higher the sens the further away from the coil an object will be detected. It sometimes comes at a price. Your machine is 0-10. I set my sens as high as I can without getting much chatter. At some sites your machine will quiet down at 7. Maybe you can run at 10 out in the woods where there is no interference. The soil can also cause chatter...lots of moister or minerals may make you turn sens down. Silent hunting allows you to hear the deep items you think you're missing because you turned it down Also, one might turn it down around multiple targets, like a cellar hole lip. I hope this is what you were looking for.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I'm not certain if you were asking for basic sensitivity info or something more complicated. The higher the sens the further away from the coil an object will be detected. It sometimes comes at a price. Your machine is 0-10. I set my sens as high as I can without getting much chatter. At some sites your machine will quiet down at 7. Maybe you can run at 10 out in the woods where there is no interference. The soil can also cause chatter...lots of moister or minerals may make you turn sens down. Silent hunting allows you to hear the deep items you think you're missing because you turned it down Also, one might turn it down around multiple targets, like a cellar hole lip. I hope this is what you were looking for.
    So, Drew, are you saying that the higher numbers in sensitivity level will reach deeper objects?

Yes, but many times the target sound will get mixed in with chatter/excess noise of a higher sens level. So your gain in depth can be lost. Another problem I've found with a high sens is that teknetics machines are more apt to give a good signal on iron. I find that I set the sens so that it pops or falses every 5 sec or so when not on the ground. When you start swinging on the ground it goes petty much silent. If you have to check if a target repeats every 30 secs then the sens is too high.
    Basically, to reiterate, silence the machine when it is being swung over the ground. You'll still hear the deep targets.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew