Thread: Clad for Kids - update thread

Clad for Kids - update thread

Hey Folks,
    I didn't want you all to think I forgot about you. This year is a lot different for me because I have a different position and things have been a bit hectic. However, I wanted to share with you all what I have decided to do with the program. We will be sponsoring the baseball league this year for the kids with autism and special needs. Secondly, we will be helping a family that really really can use some help. I was in the process of getting names and trying to decide who to help, when I was contacted by an old friend that is looking to help this particular family. They have 4 children and the father has a brain tumor. He is self-employed and since he has been sick, he obviously cannot work. He has been having multiple seizures due to the tumor and the doctors told him that it is a miracle that he is still with us. The ages of their kids are 16, 8, 6, and 2. The 8 year old is a girl and the other 3 are boys. I know there are not as many kids as in the past, but this family is in a little different situation than some of the people we have helped in the past.

It is strange how people come into our lives and I just really never know where this program will take me. I guess this program doesn't really have a mold that it fits into and I believe that it is just to do good for someone whenever the chance is given. I'm planning on gathering meat from our freezer (my daughter had a hog that she showed in the fair) and getting them some of that to last them a while and some clothes that my daughters have outgrown. I want to get all the kids necessities taken care of and provide the Mom and Dad some grocery cards and perhaps gas cards to go with it. You all have put your faith in me each year we have done this to do the right thing, and I believe in my heart that this is the right thing to do this year. A couple of years ago we had a mother with brain cancer and it was by far the most emotionally moving drop we've had yet. I'm hoping that this situation can have as good of a result as that one did.

Thank you all for supporting Clad for Kids again this year... I believe we are doing some really good stuff and making a difference in peoples' lives. I've got some work to do in the next few days, but I'll try to keep you posted as much as possible!

Brian
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Re: Clad for Kids - update thread

Wooohoo! We made it! My wife and I did all the shopping yesterday and began to wrap this morning. My wife finished the last gift at about 10:00! Way to go Wifey!!! I have been talking to the Mom and we are going to meet for the drop tomorrow at 1:00. That had to be the quickest turn around since we started. I can't wait to drop off the gifts to this wonderful family tomorrow!!! There wouldn't have been much of a Christmas at all for this family if it weren't for all of you who donated to this years Clad for Kids! Thank you all so so much!!!!
    Brian

Thank you Brian for doing this. It sounds like the donations are going to a really good cause once again this year. We all need to think about those who are less fortunate and help them any way we can.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thank You, Brian! Another good deed for folks less fortunate that you.

I appreciate everything you do.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Great Job Brian! Thanks for including the forum in your fund raising efforts. You have made a difference my friend.
    Merry Christmas!
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Everything has been delivered and the family is taken care of! They let the kids open a gift each this evening and she sent me pics! They are all sooo happy! She's going to send me pics of tomorrow morning too and I'll share them all with you. The 6 year old boy asked if I was Santa and &quotid you bring me some Legos? LOL All of the kids were great and very appreciative... They think I work for Santa, which is fine by me! All of the children were preemies and none weighed over 2.5 lbs at birth. They are nearing the end of getting the adoption done of their 2 yr old. He was also a preemie and weighed 1.5 lbs at birth. I thought I'd share this story that she shared with me today... Here goes.

Soon after their 3rd child was born pre-mature, he was a very sick baby. They were in the NICU and he had to be transported to have surgery because his intestines had failed (burst) and he swelled up and had necritis. She said they didn't hurry to the surgery because they thought he would not even survive the ride. She said they prayed and prayed and as she said He wouldn't have given him to me to be taken away. They arrived at the hospital where the surgery was to be done. They removed his blanket and his stomach was no longer swollen and he wasn't discolored. The doctors were amazed that there was nothing noticeably wrong. They took more xrays and they had the original xrays with them. She said that the doctors were actually arguing because they were scheduled for emergency surgery, but they could not find anything wrong. The new xrays did not show any perferation of the intestines... NOTHING! They never had to do the surgery. To this day, she says the doctors still talk about it and they take him up to visit them occasionally. Sometimes amazing things happen and you just have to stand back and admire HIS work. He is now 6 and is a happy healthy little boy!

Meeting this family today, they were truly happy. Happy with the life they have and the time they have on earth. With the dad being so sick, she takes every day as a gift. I don't know that I would be as strong as this family is in the face of adversity. The people I have been fortunate to meet through Clad for Kids is the true gift that I receive every Christmas!