Thread: Diggers back

Diggers back

Looks like the diggers will be back for another season! The advertisements on National geographic channel say tomorrow Tuesday at 10:00 eastern time. I hope they find some jelly or maple syrup or whatever that stuff they say is. rofl
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Re: Diggers back

Great 8/ More misrepresentation 8/ \:[
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

National Georgraphic , the shows executives all got together with a few Archaeologists commities and organizations last summer all came to the table and hashed out a lot of the issues with this show . there was a lot of concerns on both sides and hopefully the show will be a bit more responsible where it counts the most and have a little more education , history and proper etiquette and techniques. will see
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member

I watched both episodes last night......other than their antics and slang....it was not all bad....at least the values they gave were reasonable. Such as a Merc for $3, a 1766 Half Penny for something like $20...so nobody thought we are out there getting rich. And they give a nice history lesson with it too. But you do have to admit...just watching what we do can be a bit boring
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW link=topic=12201.msg131137#msg131137 date=1357157991
    But you do have to admit...just watching what we do can be a bit boring

Rob , i think Al would never get tired or bored watching you . lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=12201.msg131142#msg131142 date=1357158981

Right on Del
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Well, i was here on time to see it but it seems that my cable company (WOW) was having problems. Almost all the channels on my T.V. were pixilating all over the place so i got to see none of it. But the sounds that i did hear were like little girls shrieking. And it looked like they were dancing around (between the pixils). I hope they fix the cable before they play the repeat.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2

I had my DVR set to record all new episodes from last season. I missed it yesterday. The Orange Bowl was on. But the DVR recorded it and I didn't even know it till tonight.
    So..... I guess I'll go watch'em now :-\
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Ive seent he two new episodes. pretty awesome stufff
    Hello Wisconsin!

I caught it--decent stuff.
    I had never seen it before and thought it might be that show where the portly boys get permission , start out with their detectors , graduate to a back hoe and then end the show selling some old whiskey still to a museum for a million dollars. Glad I was wrong as I saw nothing the hobby should have to live down. It was nice to see both sides of the country represented on the same show as well.

These guys could tone down the histrionics a bit and dwell more on the history but how do you produce action without showing someone detecting clad in a school yard.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=12201.msg131142#msg131142 date=1357158981

Well....I guess their antics were a bit true if one were to see me find a great find

But they were a bit over the top ...but they are in the entertainement industry now :->
    I am glad they brought there valuations back down to realistic values, vs. last season

I just find it a bit amazing that these guys get a show, and make buckoo bucks....meanwhile there are guys...and gals...on this and other forums who's regular finds puts these guys to shame. I think Dave needs his own show!!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)

Quote Originally Posted by nicklehead link=topic=12201.msg131182#msg131182 date=1357217246
    I caught it--decent stuff.
    I had never seen it before and thought it might be that show where the portly boys get permission , start out with their detectors , graduate to a back hoe and then end the show selling some old whiskey still to a museum for a million dollars. Glad I was wrong as I saw nothing the hobby should have to live down. It was nice to see both sides of the country represented on the same show as well.

These guys could tone down the histrionics a bit and dwell more on the history but how do you produce action without showing someone detecting clad in a school yard.
    From what i've heard the portly guy AKA Rick Savage (boom baby) is being sued. It seems that he's using the name of a magazine that isn't his for the show. And the owners are sueing for the profits he made from the show. As they have been getting all the phone calls complaining about his antics. \:[
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2

Quote Originally Posted by RobW link=topic=12201.msg131186#msg131186 date=1357218976

meanwhile there are guys...and gals...on this and other forums who's regular finds puts these guys to shame. I think Dave needs his own show!!
    Dave had his own show ....

it was .... i remember the 80's or was it ... i married a rockstar

ok Dave what was it

+

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=12201.msg131260#msg131260 date=1357288683
    Dave had his own show ....

it was .... i remember the 80's or was it ... i married a rockstar

ok Dave what was it

+

lol rofl....did George Co-Starthinkingabout:? rofl

Speaking of George.....miss him here on the forum, his finds, insight, and help...How is he?

Quote Originally Posted by RobW link=topic=12201.msg131272#msg131272 date=1357307904

lol rofl....did George Co-Starthinkingabout:? rofl

Speaking of George.....miss him here on the forum, his finds, insight, and help...How is he?
    George might have made a special-guest on an episode or two .

what can i say about the G-man , he still hasn't cut his hair lol lol

he's good i'll let him know you asked about him Rob

Candidate Member

I will admit that watching this show two months ago or so got my wife and I back into detecting after being away from it for a while. However, before we did decide to look around at forums and clubs etc, we did a you tube search. We weren't interested in the noun names, climbing trees or chest bumping (especially the wife). verreaction:

We were happy to see that this is not norm. Although, I am sure I would do a little clogging if I found something of historic value.
    Chuck

V3i

Veteran Member

I like the show . its more realistic , the savage show was ridicules, pushy and not realistic at all, these guys are more like the regular guy , they foumd a model T hub cap, and i said , wow i found one of those too, and mine was in better shape , good show
    |
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

Im alot happier with this season over last. i could go with out there slang but other then that they do seem like some regular guys and there finds are good but yet realistic. there also hunting really cool locations. the savage show was a joke and i think gave the general public an unrealistic view of the hobbie.
    1 mercury

What I really like about King George and Ringmaster is their antics and lingo like: Nectar, Juice, Roundness and so forth.

TC-NM
    Nokta Impact - White's XL Pro - White's Spectra V3i - Sunray Pro Gold HP, Whites E-9000 by Koss HP - White's Digger - Garrett Pro-pointer AT

Been Detecting Since '74

...I am always lookin for roundness. Mine just seems to be washers and zinc-lins. Maybe I can get a $100 or so for each one!!
    Dan
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Minelab eTrac