Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions on the RNB batteries for E-Trac

Questions on the RNB batteries for E-Trac

1. Will use of this battery void any Minelab warranties?

2. Does the charger come with the battery or is it an additional cost?

Anyone using this battery? pros / cons?

thanks for any input

Brian

Re: Questions on the RNB batteries for E-Trac

hey Brian , i don't have the battery for the minelab ( i have it for the dfx and the tdi sl) but i do know a couple of fellas that do and i don't belive it will void the warranty. when you by the battery it does come with a charger and i believe a car charger that plugs into the lighter socket as well. this battery will last far longer than the stock one plus it charges in just a couple of hours instead of overnight like the regular one. i can run my dfx for almost 40 hours on one two hour charge , i'd recommend getting it Brian.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks Dan! I've read a bunch of good reviews today

Ordered one from Bart and it came within a couple days. Can't wait to try it out

is the rnb battery that red looking battery I see for the minelabs that's suppostly last 18 hrs or so.What is the cheapest deal bart could get somebody!

Quote Originally Posted by ssserena link=topic=12390.msg133739#msg133739 date=1360527980
    is the rnb battery that red looking battery I see for the minelabs that's suppostly last 18 hrs or so.What is the cheapest deal bart could get somebody!
    i belive it is the very same , you would have to pm Bart for a price though.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Unfortunately there isn't much room for Bart to work with. Reviews I've read said it will last 30+ hours and it only took about 2 hours to fully charge it.

nice a lot of extra digging time..

yup and not having to worry about charging the battery. For me, I mostly hunt weekends and always forgetting to put the battery on charge... Now with a quick charge I can easily detect all weekend with no worries.

what are they about $90 bucks or so!

a bit more... contact Bart, he will give you the best price he can.

bart is awsome he said dont buy the rnb red pack until my stock one goes bad,He is so truthful i love it, rare in sales thank you bart for saving me 130 bucks!

The RNB battery is SOOO much better than the stock Minelab battery...faster and MUCH longer charge. Why Bart would tell you not to get a MUCH better battery is beyond me. And yes, I have one in my Etrac...charged in under 2 hours and has not had to be charged since.

The RNB batteries for E-Trac is Fantastic !

The most single best investment you can make is the upgrade to the RNB battery. This thing holds a charge for days of infield usage and can be stored for an incredible amount of time without losing any charge. All I can say it's like night and day compared to the stock battery. I will never be without the RNB battery!

It's also lighter in weight ( every little bit helps ) .

Here is the link in case you all are looking. It really does have stupid long battery life as advertised.

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/minela...e-trac-battery
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

My first post here.

The question as to the voiding of the warranty is still unanswered. And my manual on page 15 still says that if I use Lithium Ion batteries I would void my warranty.

Deep
    "He jests at scars, who knows no wounds" c.s.lewis - 1941

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Not sure how they would know you used the batteries in the first place. Also not sure if they just say that because you are not using their batteries and they will lose sales. If someone is worried about voiding the warranty, then I would recommend just using their rechargeable batteries. But after the warranty, all bets are off Welcome to the forum Deepseeker ADS
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Thanks coinnut! Actually, I've been leaning towards the RNB batteries for a year now. But then I do manage well with the stock & AA's. I keep both up to snuff. And no one on any forum I visit takes a risk in judging the RNB's versus the warranty.

I do like your E-Trac threads here! More down to the beef than others.
    "He jests at scars, who knows no wounds" c.s.lewis - 1941

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

I agree with Coinnut, I can't imagine they would ever know you were using an RNB battery unless you shipped the detector to them with the battery in it. I can attest to the fact that the RNB batteries are high quality and long lasting. I switched over from the stock battery on my V3I after realizing that I would have to carry two or three battery packs on my hunts and have never looked back.