Thread: My Avatar

My Avatar

The CS buckle you see in my avatar as I stated when I posted it was found by a friend of mine whom I actually got started in the hobby. He found this on one of my prime hunting grounds where I've dug so many relics that as many people thats hunted it you would not have thought there was anything left. He had only been hunting for two months and dug this with a borrowed detector. He traded this buckle for the detector and several coils for it as it was his only way to afford a top end detector being he had two small kids and a wife to take care of. Unfortunately he was killed in a fourwheeler accident back in september the 29th at the age of 29. We had some differences at times but always pushed those behind us and was still good friends the day he died. He had sent me a text about 4 hours earlier about going to another fellow detectorist mothers funeral the following day. I really miss his different sense of humor and his love to go detecting. His wife and two small children now visit him at his grave which is less than 300 yards away from where his super relic find was found after only two months of hunting. All that knew him will miss him and I hope he made a many great finds as he passed through the pearly gates and walked the streets of gold. May God bless his family and continue to comfort them as I know its still really hard for them and will be for years to come. I'm just glad I got to share some of his short time hear on earth with him digging.
    One find at a time.

Re: My Avatar

What was his name and did he have a familiar username on any of the forums Dirt Fisher??

I'm very sorry you lost a friend and my prayers go out to his family.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Re: My Avatar

No he didn't get on any of the forums that's why I posted the buckle for him. His name was Johnathan Young. Two fine young kids, a little girl and boy. I see them all at the graveyard quite often as hunting grounds surround it. Terrible tragedy indeed.
    One find at a time.