Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do you all mix the wife time with metal detecting time...

Candidate Member

Re: how do you all mix the wife time with metal detecting time...

I was detecting before I met my bride, so it's always just been something I do. However, she fully supports me in anything I undertake, the same as I support her. We prefer to do things together, so she has her M6 that she takes out every now and then. There are some things that we don't do together, though. One of them is quilting. She enjoys getting together with the gals and quilting every now and then. Events like that provide me with time to pursue my hobby as well. As much as we enjoy doing things together, we also appreciate the value of alone time and make sure the other person gets an opportunity to enjoy time to themselves.
    Even though I have retired once, already, we both work full time. So I try to share in the housework, cooking, shopping, etc. I find that when your partner feels more like a partner and less like a slave or fixture, he/she is more likely to treat you generously.
    TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, BHID, Surf P.I. (Plus), Prizm IV

Re: how do you all mix the wife time with metal detecting time...

Well I guess I'm pretty lucky. I do pretty much what I want but I always try to involve my wife in what I do. She does most everything I do except ice fishing. As long as I don't try to take her along doing that she is pretty happy.