Thread: Scare of a Lifetime!

Elite Member

Scare of a Lifetime!

I leave my detector in the trunk of my car at all times....

I came to work this morning arriving at about 8 am. I park my car in the municipal lot behind my building. It's not the best of areas, always shady characters, and I've had to call the police numerous times. I was in my office working until about 2pm, then I had to run some work related errands, I came around the corner to the parking lot and saw my car... ...my trunk was wide open...I knew my detector was gone verreaction:

My heart was pounding, I ran to my car and looked into the trunk...there she was ...my detector was still there. <:

I must have hit the trunk open button when I was putting my keys in my pocket this morning and my trunk was open for 6 hrs >{
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Re: Scare of a Lifetime!

That is a heart wrenching story with a happy ending. I'm glad it worked out for you. They need an Amber alert for people who have lost their detectors!

Holly crap Rob, that would surely be a BAD feeling walking up to your car verreaction: I too leave my detector in my vehicle. Never know when you might get the opportunity, But, when the wife has to take it to her work, I take it out. I would hate to loose my companion. Glad to hear all is safe in your world
    Just one more Beep!

that my friend is like my worst nightmare..........as im reading it it was like when some one says and he kicked him in the n - ts and every man within ear shot gets a lump in his throat and gets that ohhhhhhhh look on his face.
    i am so glad it turned out ok.

You are one lucky guy. I'm surprised that no one closed it. If I walked by an open trunk with something I thought was valuable I'd close it. You should have gone detecting, it obviously was your lucky day.

Very lucky my friend. I would have let you borrow my Prism IV in a pinch. I am well aware of where you park and probably those unsavory characters did not know what the detector was. Come to think of it.....wheres the police when you REALLY need one..... rofl
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by freemindstuck link=topic=12767.msg136304#msg136304 date=1363986823
    That is a heart wrenching story with a happy ending. I'm glad it worked out for you. They need an Amber alert for people who have lost their detectors!
    lol. But what would you do if it had been gone? I'd have to immediately buy another...afford it or not. Although, I played golf for 30 yrs when my clubs were stolen out the back of my truck. You know what I did?....bought my first metal detector
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Candidate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=12767.msg136337#msg136337 date=1364044826
    <snip> Come to think of it.....wheres the police when you REALLY need one..... rofl
    Remember - when seconds count, the police are just minutes away... thumbsup01
    TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, BHID, Surf P.I. (Plus), Prizm IV