Thread: Which Fisher to get?

Which Fisher to get?

Hi folks,

I need some help here. I have an F2 which has been great to me but the time is soon coming for an upgrade. The problem is that the F2 cannot handle the mineralization of low tide. I live in RI, by the water and a friend is pulling seated coins like crazy out of the muck at low tide...plus 2 Reals! >:#

So, which Fisher will handle this area? Any recommendations?

Thanks,

BKM

Re: Which Fisher to get?

What machine is your friend using?
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Minelab Safari & another guy a Whites. I'd rather not change lines as I'm used to the Fisher but will if I have to.

They are pulling seated coins, walkers, SLQ's and a couple of Spanish silvers off of beaches within 5 miles of my home and my F2 just won't handle the minerals in the wet sand. It's killing me.

i have now been useing the f4 for the last couple of months and find it great with the ground balancing , it seems to get rid of the mineralization realy well.
    not being a water or beach detecterist i dont know weather it would do the same on sand but im guessing it would.

Thanks for the input, slowly coming to a conclusion

Brian, have the Safari guy let you borrow his second machine for a day to see if you like it.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

well Scott knows his safari pretty well and Kulick practically lives down on the beach , does fisher mack a dual frequency machine?? or get a pulse an out do them both on th sand .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I'm seriously looking at the Safari (as you might imagine Drew) and think I know someone who might let me borrow a Safari for a little while to swing it around in the wet sand of RI.....

I think Minelab has discontinued the Safari!

Not sure if they've discontinued it but my local dealer has the Safari in stock...

The Safari is still prominently displayed on Minelab's website, and all of the online Minelab dealers seem to have them in stock.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I'd go for a CZ...

I just got a Fisher 128 as repayment of a loan.

Any thoughts or advice on this machine, looks almost brand new.

Thanks, John.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Would the new Fisher F44 work on beaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrick View Post
    Would the new Fisher F44 work on beaches?
    Says in the manual not for use on the wet sand. That being said, you can still use it on the beach. Just up at the dry sand where people have their towels/chairs. By the surf and the water, however, you will have a lot of falsing and it will be unusable. There was no salt elimination mode. .....That's why I chose the TPro. It has the beach mode with automatic ground balance. Regardless of the fact I need that mode maybe twice a year. lol.

Brian got the Minelab Safari, then I think it was stolen....I haven't heard from him in a while so I hope he's still detecting.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew