Thread: The Jar

The Jar

Hi folks. Several have mentioned the jar. Last year I started putting all the silver coins I found in a small jar to see if I could fill it up in a year. Of course that didn't happen. So I started putting the coins in an albumn. Coins of an identical date now go into the jar. Unless of course its a Barber or earlier. Or it looks better than the one I have in the book. Of course the silver dollars were taken out and put in protective covers. Anyway my plan, unless there is a HUGE increase in the price of silver, is to fill the jar before I die and then to bury it in a most secret place, along with a note. [attachimg=1] One day an unsuspecting detectorist will find his find of a lifetime. Neat, huh? Happy hunting all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Re: The Jar

So there's the JAR. I have been checking my mailbox daily cause I thought you were gonna send it to me... rofl :hysterical:
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=12917.msg137536#msg137536 date=1365192760
    So there's the JAR. I have been checking my mailbox daily cause I thought you were gonna send it to me... rofl :hysterical:
    lol It would over-load on my machine and I'd never dig it lol
    Put them all a foot apart in some field....then tell me the coordinates, I'll keep the site under my hat. >8)
    8/ but..I'll be dead long before you lol
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice Silver finds. But, I think you should get a smaller jar. It would be easier to fill up, and it wouldn't take as long. You could bury it sooner, and if you ever needed the money, you could dig it up yourself ,before you die. Hummm, that sounds like something I should do. No I guess not, I couldn't find a small enough jar.

You had my heart racing, when I saw the title I thought you dug the jar! ;o

You could make a confusing treasure map or riddle and post it online, and may the best treasure hunter win. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nicklehead link=topic=12917.msg137539#msg137539 date=1365196377
    How old are you?
    I'm 61.
    2013 28 Silvers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L link=topic=12917.msg137558#msg137558 date=1365211258
    Nice Silver finds. But, I think you should get a smaller jar. It would be easier to fill up, and it wouldn't take as long. You could bury it sooner, and if you ever needed the money, you could dig it up yourself ,before you die. Hummm, that sounds like something I should do. No I guess not, I couldn't find a small enough jar.
    Actually the jar is quite small. About the size of a coffee cup with very thick glass. Thinking about burying it deep enough where the machines of today can't pick it up. But by the year 3000, who knows. Hmmmmmm.[attachimg=1]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2013 28 Silvers

Quote Originally Posted by CODY link=topic=12917.msg137610#msg137610 date=1365277606
    I'm 61.
    Well that leaves me out!
    I would've never found it with my F75ltd anyway.
    I absolutely worship the day I bought me an e-trac!

Oh the 'Cody' jar.

Fill it up buddy. No need to bury it... silver will rise again soon.

If you do decide to put it back in the ground, choose Iowa.

! Thats a great idea! Ah, could you get in touch with me when you start feelin poorly? rofl Some detector will be very happy to find that jar!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm