Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding the deep target.

Re: Finding the deep target.

I think Matt is saying in a general sense that 'dig it all' will every time beat discrimination.... and apply it in context to the specific site. I agree with that.

Sovereign GT is an awesome detector so he has the power to find those deep targets. Hope to hear how you and Angel do tomorrow in the park Matt. It's a tough area, but it does still keep producing. The park he is taking you is where I found the barber dime and the merc... it was painful

Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I think first and foremost is being in an area where there are in fact coins....as stated above, NO machine is gonna find something that is not there. Second knowing your machine is crucial, for what may come across as an iffy signal on one detector will come in loud and clear on another. Thus familiarity with your detector and what it is telling you is a must, whether you have an E-Trac or an Ace 250. I've found most of my coin finds have been in the 4-8 inch range and have rarely found coins deeper than that. My Prizm III and now my M6 have excelled at finding those coins in that range and have given good loud and clear signals on most. I generally use tone i.d. on my M6 and dig every good solid repeatable signal that registers anything but iron. In spots I;ve hit hard before and cleared out alot of the junk I will then try to use all metal mode and dig every little iffy signal and ahve found some stuff I missed previously but not many deeper coins. Now is this because there aren;t any deep at these locations or are they out of depth range for my M6? That is the million dollar question...and one that you will get varied answers to. Best way to approach things is to do whatever works for you, get familiar with your detector and what it is telling you and get out there and swing and dig to your heart is content and have FUN...the finds will show!! thumbsup01

If you dig it all, you have that 100% chance on finding any and all the good stuff... hands down!
    Can't miss out on anything... silver, gold, platnium... all of it!
    We dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, all the whole day long!
    Hiiii-hooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Islandhunter View Post
    I think first and foremost is being in an area where there are in fact coins....as stated above, NO machine is gonna find something that is not there. Second knowing your machine is crucial, for what may come across as an iffy signal on one detector will come in loud and clear on another. Thus familiarity with your detector and what it is telling you is a must, whether you have an E-Trac or an Ace 250. I've found most of my coin finds have been in the 4-8 inch range and have rarely found coins deeper than that. My Prizm III and now my M6 have excelled at finding those coins in that range and have given good loud and clear signals on most. I generally use tone i.d. on my M6 and dig every good solid repeatable signal that registers anything but iron. In spots I;ve hit hard before and cleared out alot of the junk I will then try to use all metal mode and dig every little iffy signal and ahve found some stuff I missed previously but not many deeper coins. Now is this because there aren;t any deep at these locations or are they out of depth range for my M6? That is the million dollar question...and one that you will get varied answers to. Best way to approach things is to do whatever works for you, get familiar with your detector and what it is telling you and get out there and swing and dig to your heart is content and have FUN...the finds will show!! thumbsup01
    I agree 100% with you on this.