Thread: Another First, Franklin!

Another First, Franklin!

Man, has this been a year for first. Everyone seems to be scoring. I found my first 1800 coin, and my first Barber quarter. And now this. I found this 1964 Rosie this last Monday morning about 1:00 AM. Was at work and took my usual 30 lunch at my favorite spot. Found a couple of clad and the Rosie. This makes #26 Silver from this same place.
    [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]
    Then today I had two properties to hunt. Both houses built in the 20 to 30's. First place, nothing except 9 mem. pennies. The second place, some clad, and this. My first Franklin Half. 1963-D.
    [attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5]
    Also a couple of Wheats. Found these two token things. One a horse shoe lucky pendant, without the wheat penny, And some kind of I think game piece. On one side it has You always win with Adams Motor Graders. Notice the little bump there right under Adams? On the other side, you can see what it says with the words You Pay on an arrow. The thing spins on that little bump. Might go to some kind of game or something.
    [attachimg=6][attachimg=7]
    Anyway, Hope the first keep coming for everyone. I sure am enjoying mine. Thanks for looking and HH.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Re: Another First, Franklin!

Cody,

Huge on that Franklin 1/2. I have been dying to get one of those. Nice tokens, I wonder if the one with the bump was a gambling token?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

great finds cody do you know i have never found a franklin but my 12 year old grandson did congrats on a great hunt i also like them tokens dennis

Cody,

Great find !! Not to many Franklins come out of the ground but any day with a half dollar in the ground is a day !!

Respectfully,
    CtDirtFisher
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Huge congrats on the awesome Franklin Half Dollar, Cody! Add me to the list of people who have never found one. Maybe someday.

Too bad the lucky penny is missing from that aluminum token, but it's still a neat find.

Those spinner tokens were popular in the late 1930s and early 1940s. You just spun them on the tip of a pencil. I found one in an old school yard one time that has Captain Midnight on it. Do a Google image search for spinner token and you will see a bunch of them.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thanks Tony. After looking, I found a ton of them on the net. Found some on ebay. Heres a picture of one.[attachimg=1]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Nice Half ! I love the Franklin's and have several in Mint State FBL . Cody, What were the other items for? Marketing items or Advertising tools since they didn't have magazines and Commercials like today. That's funny how you said the one with a bump being a game piece. I bet they spun it and it gave you a discount depending on what number it landed on . Very smart and fun for the customer . I once found a mileage token that told you when to have your car serviced for an oil change. I'll have to find it and re-post it. They were very clever when it came to advertising in the 1800's and 1900''s before Televisions came out. Even then there were very little commercials, not like today.
    Congrat's again !!!
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

WTG Cody!! A big on another first, you are on a roll.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Sweet finds Cody!
    Congrats on the firsts!
    I too have yet to unearth a Franklin half
    But I really dig the tokens! The spinner one is cool and the horseshoe one for a wheat penny is really cool too!!
    I can't make out what the horseshoe one says.... What does it say? :-> lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Sweet big silver ! thumbsup01
    Always looking for that next ring !!

I think it says Keep Me and Never Go Broke Ill

congrats on the big silver! I can only imagine haha
    2013: 2 Silvers - 1 Indian - 11 Wheats - $9.14 Clad

on the Franklin! I of finding my first Silver Half! WTG on an awesome hunt!! |
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm