Thread: Silver still producing but no IH yet.

Silver still producing but no IH yet.

I made it out sunday with donna again, hitting a new spot and and revisiting a old spot we hunted before. I picked up a Merc and Buffalo (hit it with the lesche). Monday produced a first for me...Franklin half , a nice rosie another buffalo (knicked it with the lesche). Got a small pile of wheats and a gold band from a bracelet. The token was a in the field and was worth 5 cents. The gold was encrusted with green junk but chipped right off. I think the inside had a copper center but still rings up 12-6 on the etrac, gonna take it and have it tested. Thanks for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images           

Re: Silver still producing but no IH yet.

Some nice hunting. You're looking for IH's and I'm looking for the buffs.... rofl The Franklin is great, another coin on my hit list. on all those keepers.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

thaats a great hunt when you find that big silver..congrats! lots of good keepers in that pile!!

Great finds! Gold, big silver, token, it's hard to beat that! Looks like some fun hunting!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

consider yourself very fortunate ive been swinging the etrac like wild man the last 2 weeks and dug thousands of holes in nurous properties and spent most of the winter doing research and have (1)single lone Roosevelt to show for it!The local detectist have hammered the parks so freakin hard its sick :white:

Another great report, Don! |

I love the Franklin Half! Congrats on that one!

Nice Merc, Rosie, token and buffalos too.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I wanted an IH for almost a year with no luck.

I found my first IH this past January and have found five more since.

They will come.

My mistake was partially due to be skipping 51 VDI's thinking they were zincs.

Three of mine were found at an inch deep so don't avoid those.

i have found a hundred indians and not one franklin half just goes to show you never know what will show up congrats on a great find dennis | |

You figured dennis if you dropped a half dollar back in the early 50s you would look for it a long time because you didnt want daddy to wip ya when you got home!

Very nice finds. A lot of Franklins turning up here lately. Congrats!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Franklin Half Dollars are sweet... Actually any Silver Half Dollar is Sweet :-)

toss in an old merc, a nice '37 Buffalo, a nice little pile of wheat backed pennies...

<:
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

On your first Half! I would kill for a Franklin. The closest I've got to a silver half. Is a 65 Kennedy. Good going on the other finds too. Great looking Totonka! WTG!!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

I sure do love seeing Ol' Ben show up. If only I had kept those half dollars I got for my birthday when I was a kid......but back then you could buy 10 candy bars with one of those guys.
    Ace 250 w/Sunray Probe
    More than paid for with clad!