Thread: My first Seated! Woo Hoo!!!!

My first Seated! Woo Hoo!!!!

Howdy folks! It's been a long time since I've done a post. I can count on one hand how many hunts I've been on since the big blizzard that hit us in February. Weather wasn't very conducive for detecting for a while either.

I also had some detector issues and finally have been able to upgrade my beeper. I now have a Teknetics Omega 8000. I was borrowing a T2 from N.E.D. for a long time but I had to give it back. I grew accustomed to the sounds and after some research I felt the Omega would be the next best machine. Boy, I was right. In two hunts in a row, I managed to find a silver Rosie and a first for me, an 1891 Seated dime!!! The Seated was on a plateau along a stretch of former railroad turned into trails. First I found the 1883 V nickel and 10 minutes later, the dime! I was ecstatic to say the least.

I'm very impressed with the Omega. It has great separation when in heavy trash. Coins stand out very well. The ID #'s are very solid for coins. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good coinshooting detector. Thanks for looking and happy hunting out there!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Metal Detector: Teknetics Omega 8000

Re: My first Seated! Woo Hoo!!!!

that seated would make me jump out of my seat. lol

Congrats on your first seated! That's awesome! |

That 1883 V Nickel doesn't look like it has much wear, but the reverse looks like the planchet delaminated or something. Can't tell if it is the No Cents version or not. Still a cool find!

Thanks for your report on the Teknetics, we don't hear enough about those machines. It seems to be treating you right!

Enjoy that first seated dime!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

On your first seated coin. It looks like it's in great shape too! So it looks like you'll have to sharpen your dancing skills with that new beep stick. Keep digging the good stuff.

GL/HH
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

on that 1st seated coin. She's a beauty, you must have been stoked. |
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

congrats on your first seated and the rest of your finds dennis

on your first seated.
    2017 Totals: 21 Clad / $1.85 / 1 Silver Coin / 2 Wheaties / 0 Rings
    2011-16 Totals: 12,902 Clad / $1,094.43 / 301 Silver Coins / 590 Wheaties / 71 Rings

well done chris , shes stunning !!!!! call me, we will go out,...........hold on... that sounds like im asking you out on a date !!!!!! :hysterical:

Congrats Chris.....I hear nothing but good things about the Omega. Seems like there wasn't much of a learning curve after working with the T2.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Sweet digs

congrats on your first seated! i have yet to find one..and down here i probably wont lol. god job on the other finds also!

that seated is in great condition!
    2013: 2 Silvers - 1 Indian - 11 Wheats - $9.14 Clad

What condition that Seated is in. Congrats on the first. All great finds. Great pictures.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

You will never forget this moment... I'm sure we can all tell a story of finding out first seated coin... Mine was an 1856 Seated Quarter...

Silver Roosie, V Nickel, and a Nice Seated Dime... Does it get any better

2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Congrats on the first of many seated!!! Looks like you did a little feild cleaning (rubbing the dirt off) on it? If you did save the cleaning for home, the next silver coin could be a key date.

gGreat coins!!!
    YTD hours hunted 159
    Silver coins 38
    Indian cents 59
    Wheats 292
    Buff's nickels 2
    "V" nickels 6
    Sheild Nickels 0

On your first seated! Nice Rosie, and V nickle. Sounds like you had a great time! with the Omega!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm