Thread: First Silver of the Year and First Hunt w/ new 6x8 SEF and Sunray X-1

First Silver of the Year and First Hunt w/ new 6x8 SEF and Sunray X-1

On Sunday, I decided to go back to the school I have been detecting for the last couple of years. Did some aerial research and found out where the playground was back in the 50s (school was built in 1952). Went out for a couple of hours on Sunday and found my first silver of the year, a '56 Rosie. Also found an old jack, 6 clad dimes, and 1 memorial penny. Man I can't wait to get back out there this weekend.

I bought a 6x8 SEF coil and a Sunray X-1 probe (thanks Bill_S) and couldn't wait to get out and test them. Went out to the school for 30 min yesterday and found a clad nickel, a silver ring, and a cool token (I love finding tokens, my 3rd of the year so far). The front of the token says Pontiac Chief of the Sixes with a picture of an Indian. The back says Product of General Motors

I love the SEF coil. The sunray is awesome too, but will take some getting used too. It is a bit different coming from the Garrett PP.

Enjoy the pics!!

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=1]
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1 Probe, Stock Coil, Sunray X-5 Coil, SEF 6x8 Coil, Predator Digging Tool, Garret PP, Lesche Digging Tool

Re: First Silver of the Year and First Hunt w/ new 6x8 SEF and Sunray X-1

WOW!!!

Sorry about the huge pics!!!
    Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1 Probe, Stock Coil, Sunray X-5 Coil, SEF 6x8 Coil, Predator Digging Tool, Garret PP, Lesche Digging Tool

Wow, that Pontiac token is awesome!

Congrats on the silver Rosie too! |

The Sun Ray X-1 takes some getting used to but it's worth its weight in gold. I love mine!

Nice hunt, good job!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Nice going on the rosie. I think that I have the same token, they are cool to dig. on your new coil and sunray.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

on the Rosie, and silver ring! I also found a chief of the sixes token. Looks the same. Great finds!! WTG! Love my sunray probe too. Would have a detector anymore without one.
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

Dude are you SERIOUS THAT DIME IS AN ERROR IM SHAKKKKIIING!Wow i really am impressed.

Come on now your killing me zoom in zoom in!

WHAT It's an error? How so? I did notice the rim of the coin looked a little off center...

I will try to take some closer pics. Anything in particular to zoom in on?

congrats on a great hunt you will come to love the sun ray i would not want to be with out it dennis | |

Look at the date super close!

Quote Originally Posted by ssserena link=topic=13125.msg139631#msg139631 date=1366939921
    Look at the date super close!
    I'll have to wait till I get home from work tonight.

What am I looking for?? I'll try to break out the big camera tonight and take some close-up shots.

Congrats on the silver. Love the Token! HH
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE