Thread: A Little Silver, A Little Gold

A Little Silver, A Little Gold

Hey Guys and Gals! A rainey, snowy cold day in lower Mich. Good day to get caught up on my posts. And hopefully watch the Redwings win a game. Saturday morning. Went back to my Junior High School. I have been using the Sun Ray Stealth X-12 coil. | I really like it! Anyway. Thought I would hunt around an area that had produced a little silver in the past. Didn't get to many signals. But did stumble upon my first gold ring for the year happydance02. It's only 10K. But at about 4 or 5 inches. It was nice and clean coming out of the hole. Found a couple Wheaties, and some clad. Broke for lunch. Later, I Headed to Dodge Park #4. Donated to the state of Mich. in the 20's, by the Dodge Brothers. I've have drove back to the old boat landing many times. But had never hunted it. After my yearly sermon by the park ranger. Telling me about not metal detecting in the park. And, After a little chit chatting back and forth. He finally gave me permission. To detect the old grassy parking area. I could hear subtle thunder in the distance. And could see dark clouds on the horizon. I tried to search as quickly as I could. But at the same time trying to do a good job. Trying to beat the storm front. I was pleasantly rewarded with a couple of Mercs. 1941, 43. Kind of rough shape. Being run over again, and again thru the years. But still a welcome sight. Along with some more clad. At that point. It started to rain. So I called it a day. Ended up with $3.20 in clad and nickles, My first Goldie for the year. And 2 pretty ladies! HERE WE GO!!
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

Re: A Little Silver, A Little Gold

congrats on your gold and silver finds to find just one would be a great day and you found both dennis

Great finds ! thumbsup01
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Gold is great to find. Add a couple of mercs and that equals a great hunt. on the 10K
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Nice! I'd take some of that only 10k any day all day! Congrats on some great digs!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

AU and AG in the same day

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Great photos and terrific finds!

I really like that gold ring! That is an incredible find!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Congrats on some great finds. Still looking for that first gold ring I can call my own.HH
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE