Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little me and a coin.

Right in the centre of England (i hate the sea)

Re: Little me and a coin.

Thank you Mudder, I had a look at the coin last weekend, I'm no expert butnit looked good to me (no signs of mouldmarks etc etc.
    Alea iacta es .... and so ended the Republic.

What the heck did Lee say? He sounded excited about something. lol he going to (gunna) put a nick in your detector? Not very nice, nor was the killing thing

It is widely known that the Rhode Island accent spoken around here is the most coveted lol 8/ I don't even understand half the stuff said around here.

I've been to six on your list....and I never go anywhere I'd love to detect some of those places.

Welcome from CT (on the Rhode Island line)
    Shoe
    PS Tony has some serious friends
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice coin... it seems to pass all the easy fake tests, like casting, cheap museum replicas, etc... If the specific gravity test is in line to what it should be, then only an expert can scan the surface and see if that patina is deep or just chemically applied and sitting on the surface. A good engraver can make dies and fake those, since every one is a bit different, even if they come from the same dies. But I'm voting real lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Thank you to everyone who has commented on the coin I posted, I had a better look at it last weekend and it does look real to me. no signs of casting marks on the edges..to be honest it looks too thin to have been cast??
    I have taken a couple more photos of it and will do my best to post them up on here when I get home from work tonight....

in case your interested my job is to walk around the streets of London dressed in a pinstripe suit complete with bowler hat and a copy of the Times newspaper under my arm, whilst swinging a black umberella thumbsup01....

Oh and whilst on the subject of Stereotyping what is it with you lot and the fact you all think we British have bad teeth?? I'm pleased to report all 6 of my teeth are in great condition, so there | lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pona link=topic=13376.msg142894#msg142894 date=1370855399
    Oh and whilst on the subject of Stereotyping what is it with you lot and the fact you all think we British have bad teeth?? I'm pleased to report all 6 of my teeth are in great condition, so there | lol
    Being from Kentucky- I can relate! I have all of my teeth are in great condition lol

I also wear shoes, have a washing machine in the house, have skyscrapers in our city, wash my kids faces and yes I've heard of Led Zeppelin! (I was wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt while a camp counselor in Colorado and some of the staff asked YOU'VE heard of Led Zeppelin?! )

Anyway, welcome to the forum Jon
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

lol thanks for the reply Tanacat, You wash your kids faces? That almost makes you Royalty in my eyes lol

Robert Plant does actually live about 5 mins drive from me, I see him most weeks in our local pub (when hes not doing band stuff) and I'm pleased to say hes a great guy and will talk to anyone who wants to chat etc. The only down side is he supports Wolverhampton Wanderes but everyone has a cross to bare i suppose

I used to be good mates with John Bonhams son as well, he was the first person i knew that had a video recorder. I can still remember Johns drum kit in his house just after he died and still had a bottle of Jack Daniels on the seat

Shame really, I reckon Led Zep could have been pretty big if they had stuck at it

Also i never said i had ALL my own teeth, I just know the 6 i have really are in good condition |

Come on we know your real name is John Steed and you like Emma Peel lots lol Yes John Bonham's death was a sad day indeed. We were discussing plans to go get tickets in Montreal (I think it was) and return to see the show. That show never happened But you are also responsible for Pink Floyd so we are even lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

John Steed :hysterical: quality! |

Never got the chance to see Zep play, I was a few years too young. I blame my Mom and Dad for not getting drunk a few years earlier
    I have since seen Planty and Jimmy Page play together, but if I'm honest i couldnt believe how spaced out Jimmy Page was..music was superb though )

Pink Floyd....epic! Never seen them play either I'm sorry to say.

and another band I would have loved to have seen in their hay day is Free.

im mates with rod stewart..... does that count ? i was his butcher in england.
    ill tell you who was another good band ELO.

Rod Stewart counts apart from when hes supporting Scottish football I would imagine hes a great guy to know, he always come across pretty genuine on TV??

ELO was never a band I was into back in the day...started listening to Bev Bevins show on one of our local radio stations and now have got really into them. The mans a musical genius. when you get the likes of Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney singing your praises you must have done something right its just taken me 30 years to realise it

Hello Comrades, Just thought i would pop back on here to say hi Its been ages since i was last on here!!! I have had what can only be described as one of the worst years in my life..Mom having Dementia, Dad deciding that he wants to play the selfish card and my sister proving once and for she is the heartless c*w i always thought she was!

Anyhows. things almost back to normal now, glad to see you are all still here and digging up some nice finds.

Best wishes Jon.

Sorry to hear about your Mother Jon , hope all gets to normal very soon . Coinnut will be very happy that your back here so he can go back to "stereo-typing" all you Brits together again.

Welcome back.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Sorry about your Mum. My Dad had Alzheimer's so I know what it's like.
    But are you sure you're not leaving out the part about the mission for MI6? Name:  sneaking.gif
Views: 62
Size:  542 Bytes

The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

Welcome nice coin too!
    Eurotek Pro, Tesoro El Dorado
    best find: 1881 $5.00 gold coin
    oldest find: 1864 Indian head penny
    garrett pro pointer

Thank you people, its much appreciated I'm sorry to say the coin wasnt one of my finds Otis, It was part of a collection given to an Auctioneer friend

Quote Del "Coinnut will be very happy that your back here so he can go back to "stereo-typing" all you Brits together again. " How dare he! I was so shocked by that comment, I broke my monocle, dropped my copy of "The Times" from under my arm & gone right off my cup of tea! Just to prove a point I'm now off to clean all 3 of my teeth!!!

Hello and Welcome to the forum, from John in NJ.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Welcome to the forum from Kalamazoo that's a really nice coin for sure!!