Thread: Amazing E-Trac

Amazing E-Trac

Hi all
    I have chance to see E-Trac in action,and i am thrilled with that detector
    Pulling small tiny silver hammered coins in bad mineralization fields also full of iron.I manage to find 1-2 coins with my DFX with 10x6 coil for 6-7 hours and guy next to me 10-15.Then a girl come to same field also with E-Trac and pull 10-15 in few hours.It is quite frustrated >:\
    It can be luck one time,but we hunt 10 times and same story every time
    I tried every single coil for my DFX-no luck with tiny silver....but it is great for Roman coins-with SEF 15x10 coil.
    Thanks to my friend i will get one E-Trac very soon,and then we test it side by side with his Spectra V3i
    HH

Re: Amazing E-Trac

I love my e-trac too! Also, it's so easy to use when you upgrade from your current detector.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

My E trac has served me well for a bunch of years. We don't get hammered coins, but silver still screams good on the E Trac. As for the DFX, I had one for many years before the E Trac, and it served me well too. There must be a way to set it to get more hammered coins
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I have great settings and coils,and i can detect tiny coin very deep in the air,but Minelab detect those coins in the ground much better,no meter if ground is good or bad.
    Also 11 inch stock Minelab can detect coin with whole coil area,while my detector 'see' coin only with the center of the coil!!!!Imagine that....how lucky i have to be and how slow i have to go to find such a small coin?
    For example...if we split one field at half,and if a hunter with Minelab search his part of a field in 2 hours i should hunt same area in 8 hours.
    When i get my DFX i sent e mail to Jimmy Sierra and ask him about settings for tiny coins.In the end of his e-mail he says:
    The DFX is a SLOW sweep detector. SLOW YOUR SWEEP. The sweep is the speed you swing your coil back and forth. Not like your older Eagle which can be moved faster. You will lose targets if you sweep too fast.

Good luck, Jimmy

Now i realize that completely.

marcus, if your friend with the e-trac is not slowing down there swing they are missing some coins too. go back to those same spots and slow down the swing and you will find more that was missed.

I thought the DFX was a relatively fast swing detector....
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13461.msg143398#msg143398 date=1371439436
    I thought the DFX was a relatively fast swing detector....
    It is and it isn't lol It is a fast machine. On your first trip out to a spot, you can do well by swinging a comfortable fast speed (not Superman speed \). But there is a sweet spot. It is a slower than you want to go speed. It gives the machine time to respond to deeper targets. Now if there is a super slow speed, then I've never seen it other than slowing down to find someting in iron. I would love to see a demonstration on using it super slow. There are always different ways to use a machine.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

go at a speed you can cover half your last sweep