Thread: Changing my screen name.

Changing my screen name.

How do I change my name here on American Detectorist?
    You can never have too many pugs....

Re: Changing my screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbadaba2 link=topic=13501.msg142799#msg142799 date=1370780203
    How do I change my name here on American Detectorist?
    Send me a PM and let me know what you want it changed to, and I'll change it.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Aw man you have the best made-up sounding real name that I have ever seen! (I guess Beavis and Butthead sorta ruined everything... ) At one point I thought it might even be a pen name. It's up to you to do a name change, but I am warning you, if the name Dick Stout becomes available I might have to change my name too!
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

He just requested that it be changed TO Dick Stout from what it was before (the name change is showing up now). So that's his new name.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Abacadabra! Shucks...

Dick Stout. Is that supposed to be some kind of double-entendre name? Like Harry Hole, Seymour Butts, or Mike Hunt? (rolls eyes) Are you a teenager or something? Just saying.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

The man is a legend from a more innocent time (before the internet).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler link=topic=13501.msg142862#msg142862 date=1370823372
    The man is a legend from a more innocent time (before the internet).

Yep, now if we could only get Mr. Stout to share some of that vast knowledge from the good old days. I finally found someone that has been detecting longer than me lol I remember them silver park hunts
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Everything you need to know about metal detecting for coins/jewelry is in his books. Even though I was detecting some years before he started, I learned alot from his books.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Well thanks for the kind comments....wish I could say I am still valid, but I just don't get out that much anymore, and happy with an a couple hours a week. Add to that the temps this week will be approaching 100 (welcome to Texas)....think I will try to find a places to hunt from the comfort of my easy chair and PC.

I will try to be more active and comment here, but honestly I am not a forum fanatic. I do come here and I do read the posts....just not one to respond all that much, UNLESS I think I can definitely add something of importance. Guess I am from the old school and most all of you are finding stuff today that puts me to shame (and video taping it too).
    You can never have too many pugs....

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Stout link=topic=13501.msg143034#msg143034 date=1370998993
    Well thanks for the kind comments....wish I could say I am still valid, but I just don't get out that much anymore, and happy with an a couple hours a week. Add to that the temps this week will be approaching 100 (welcome to Texas)....think I will try to find a places to hunt from the comfort of my easy chair and PC.

I will try to be more active and comment here, but honestly I am not a forum fanatic. I do come here and I do read the posts....just not one to respond all that much, UNLESS I think I can definitely add something of importance. Guess I am from the old school and most all of you are finding stuff today that puts me to shame (and video taping it too).
    You don't have to be detecting right now to know your stuff.

What is in your books is still in your head (I'm assuming). There are lots of people who would benefit from your contributing here and other forums of your experience and knowledge to others who love the hobby and want to improve their skills. It would also be a great, indirect way to advertise your books.

Just my two cents.

hey I'm glad you finally decided to come out of hiding Mr. Stout . I agree with Epi-hunter and think you have vast amount of knowledge and personal experiences to share with the newer treasure hunters today. I hope you consider participating here more often .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I stand corrected and apologize. No offense intended. I guess I have been jaded by some of the nonsense that happens on these forums sometimes.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger link=topic=13501.msg143085#msg143085 date=1371077290
    I stand corrected and apologize. No offense intended. I guess I have been jaded by some of the nonsense that happens on these forums sometimes.
    We all have to some degree &quotcheesysmile: , I got a kick out of your earlier post lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album