Thread: How's the 3030 on the arm?

How's the 3030 on the arm?

Anyone or everyone that uses the CTX3030. Is it easier on the arm than the E-trac?
    Is it better balanced i guess is my question. I get sore on the top of my arm above my elbow when i swing my E-trac alot. Just wondering.

GL/HH
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Re: How's the 3030 on the arm?

RaZR , I don't use one but Coinnut does and i have swung his ctx a couple of times . its a bit heavier than the e-trac but you can't tell and actually seems lighter because its much more balanced with better ergonomics.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Yep, technically it's quite a bit heavier (almost 2 pounds if I remember correctly ) but the balance is superb. I usually hunt 7-8 hours a day and no issues for me yet. I've hunted with the E Trac like that and I was kinda sore, especially if you use a bigger SEF coil. That is one thing I just don't think about anymore, just like the rain or my battery life. lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

I used a swing thing with the Etrac and since I've had the CTX I have not used the swing thing once. To me there is a huge differance in comfort between the two, with the CTX being the better of the two.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I think that when dan had the ctx in his hand he said I need to give in and get one of these |

Thanks for the input guys! I took it upon myself to obtain one for fathers day as a gift to [size=24pt]ME!!
    lol rofl
    Now to figure out how to work it.
    And don't sell the E-trac too fast as i might need to go back to it. thumbsup01

GL/HH
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

How's the 3030 on the [s]arm[/s] wallet? lol

Congrats on your Father's Day present to yourself! If I ever get another detector it will most likely be a CTX 3030.

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

The ctx finds what the etrac couldn't the only three draw backs for me the tones no x1 and 8x6 sef the plus I've noticed locks on targets better excels in heavy trash couple inches deeper

I don't know. 5 pounds is 5 pounds, no matter how you hold it or balance it. And the price - 390 hours (almost 10 weeks full time) of work at minimum wage after taxes to buy one. OUCH.
    Metal Detector, Inline Pinpointer, 6th Sense

I had the opportunity to use both the E-Trac, and CTX-3030 side by side last weekend. The balance on the 3030 was noticeably better which made it seem much lighter than the E-Trac. Both detectors where able to see all targets that day when we compared before digging. The CTX did a little better at IDing accurately at depth, but it was still a very diggable response on the E-Trac. My buddy was able to get the entire CTX package, including the wireless transmitter for under $2000. Not a bad deal.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13531.msg143073#msg143073 date=1371065985
    RaZR , I don't use one but Coinnut does and i have swung his ctx a couple of times . its a bit heavier than the e-trac but you can't tell and actually seems lighter because its much more balanced with better ergonomics.
    Great post. All the weight is on you fingers. Use a loose grip!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=13531.msg143552#msg143552 date=1371591007
    How's the 3030 on the [s]arm[/s] wallet? lol

Congrats on your Father's Day present to yourself! If I ever get another detector it will most likely be a CTX 3030.

:hysterical: Good one Tony! lol

I also am thinking about getting one... but like you RaZr I have sore elbow issue swinging the V3i (and dealing with 40 & 50 lb kids) lol

In my 4 yrs of hunting I never thought I'd need a harness but I took Jeff's advice and ordered a Minelab harness from Big Boys Hobbies Just waiting patiently to arrive in the mail
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by RaZR link=topic=13531.msg143072#msg143072 date=1371065688
    I get sore on the top of my arm above my elbow when i swing my E-trac alot. Just wondering.
    Hey is it in your elbow joint and is it ongoing pain? I've had the pain for a few months now and was doing some research online- possible Cubital Tunnel Syndrome... some suggestions I saw before seeing doctor are to take inflammatories for a while and try to sleep with arm straight, not bent. Suggested to wrap towel around arm to keep from bending. It seems to be helping me some, but still plan to use a harness from now on. Can't mess with the swinging arm, I plan to detect until I'm in my 90's lol
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

E-trac specials with a FREE Pro-Swing 45!!!

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/minela...metal-detector

Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

I find it quite comfortable to swing due to its balance. I have a Swingy Thingy and a Minelab Pro-Swing 45, but rarely use either. If I know I am going to be hunting all day long, I will use the Pro Swing 45 as it completely negates the weight issue, but then it adds the bulkiness of the harness, somewhat of a trade off.