Thread: FIRST DRAPED BUST!!!!

FIRST DRAPED BUST!!!!

I would like thank George for bringing me to a nice old site where he let me pick the spot where I went first. About an hour into the hunt I got an 1800s thimble. I was using the 6 inch coil a George looked over and he gave me the to slow the $%@*& down look. Wouldn't you know 10 mins later did I get 10-45 12-45 12-44 and a bunch of iron in between. I then cut the plug and puenlled out a couple of nails and there she was a nice COPPER. I handed to George and with it still covered in dirt he said Draped Bust I responded how do you know I then got the look again. Yes it was a 1800 draped bust and my first. George didn't go home very long an he looked again and then that if you ever hunted with George you know which one I had ask what did you get he said just Spanish silver I wanted to use my detector as a blunt tool but I said congrats to add further insult > he said 10 mins more and then pulls a barber quarter he then said ok lets go!!!

Re: FIRST DRAPED BUST!!!!

Congrats on your first Draped Bust. At least you can see a date on it. lol Some of them can just be slugs. We have to hit that place again when we have more time. Probably not a lot left there, but when you get a coin, it seems to be a good one. When you get a chance let's get a picture up there.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: FIRST DRAPED BUST!!!!

Congrats on the old coin find, very nice!!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token