Thread: Anyone use the DEUS?

Elite Member

Anyone use the DEUS?

I am contemplating buying a new detector. I have an e-trac, and am debating between a 3030 and a DEUS. I've played with others 3030s before, and I have read and seen the results from others. But I just don't know much about the DEUS. I don't really hear about anyone using the DEUS. Anyone have any feedback on it?
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Re: Anyone use the DEUS?

I sold an Etrac after 3 years and just got a Deus a month or 2 ago. Was out today learning the new version. So far I am loving it. Lots of Deus users on Findmall modded by Andy Sabisch. Today I was experimenting with XY screen, polar plot in Whites lingo, and find it very helpful. I am still WAY in the learning stage so not much help from me. Good luck deciding and if you have any specific questions I will do my best to answer.
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Elite Member

Is it that much better? I've heard it gets amazing depth, is that true? How is it for target separation? Is it an easily learnable machine or do I need a degree in engineering? Any insight you can give would be appreciated!!!!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)

Deus is easier to learn and use than Etrac. The stock coil is 9 and depth is similar to Etrac (I used a 6 coil a lot on the Etrac and still got great depth). They offer a larger coil but I have no experience with it. Target separation is a highlight of the Deus and even set to slowest recovery speed it is still way faster than the Etrac. There is a FE meter on the screen but at first I was really missing the FE number of the Etrac, which makes the Etrac a breeze to ID rusty bottle caps with. With the Deus you can ID bottle caps by sound depending on how you set silencer, by switching to another frequency (bottle caps higher TID in lower frequency) or by viewing the XY screen which is sorta like Whites polar plot and bottle caps are all over the place. I am really still in the learning stage, especially since XP just released Version 3 and I upgraded only a week or so ago. Haven't hunted in multi-tone yet to see if it gives anything similar to the Minelab silver sound. Did pick out a silver ring at a lake park littered with years of trash and much clad mixed in as well. Will be a few months before I can be of much help but I can point you to more experienced users that have switched from Etrac if you like. It would be great to have an Etrac and a Deus but if I have to choose one so far I am thinking Deus.
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Elite Member

Thank you!

I ran across a man with a Deus and I have to tell you it was a very impressive looking, folding machine and light as a feather.
    The only complaint he had was the continued manual adjustments to compensate for the auto features that run the machine such as depth and sensitivity and not the best for small gold.
    I think it would make a great back-up but for the price not a front runner in this case.
    Hope my 2 cents helps, John.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Blog Entries

I have the deus and also with the big coil.
    Its a great light machine and verry strong.
    If you hunt large area's you can best use the big coil.
    In europe its now the best machine to use with rellic hunting.
    In america with coin shooting i think the e-track is better or the ctx3030.
    Better target id.
    But in europe for rellic hunting on big fields i think the deus is the best machine.
    I dig every good signal so i dont look at the id.
    Its light,wireles and with the new 3.0 update you can download on the xp site it's the fastest machine
    On the market.
    I have the deus for the weight.
    Good luck.