Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old guy new to this forum

Re: Old guy new to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by milco link=topic=13758.msg145285#msg145285 date=1374030424
    Welcome to AD Rudy!
    Thanks Milco.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

I just saw Exhaustipated... too old to give a $#xx. (Well, you figure out the last word.)
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber link=topic=13758.msg145306#msg145306 date=1374058728
    I just saw Exhaustipated... too old to give a $#xx. (Well, you figure out the last word.)
    Hey John, looks to me like a cross of exhausted and constipated. At our age, there is one
    thing you must remember: Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative
    on the same night.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...took you long enough!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy link=topic=13758.msg145289#msg145289 date=1374031343
    Hey, that's great about your son! What's he planning on majoring on? If you remember, my son also went there.
    Thanks Actually I had forgotten that your son went there until you mentioned it.

He's majoring in computer engineering. UC Berkeley is pretty much tied with MIT for for being the #1 college in the country for computer engineering, and those were the two main schools he was choosing from.

He took all the AP courses he could in high school in all different subject areas and took the AP tests for college credit and did very well.... probably tested out of almost a full year. So he will hit the ground running. He is also working for a Berkeley-based company as a programmer (from home) and has been doing that for the past year, and wants to keep doing that. He gets a lot of work from that company so he will be a busy boy.

If you have any pearls of wisdom based on your experiences with UC Berkeley or the town itself, please pass them along. He's very independent but it still worries me that he's going to be thousands of miles away from family. :-\
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon link=topic=13758.msg145330#msg145330 date=1374087077
    Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...took you long enough!
    That's what I've been telling him Ron! thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Hey Ron, long time no see buddy.

Feels nice being a mere mortal on a forum. <}

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13758.msg145340#msg145340 date=1374102098
    Thanks
    He's majoring in computer engineering. UC Berkeley is pretty much tied with MIT for for being the #1 college in the country for computer engineering, and those were the two main schools he was choosing from.

He took all the AP courses he could in high school in all different subject areas and took the AP tests for college credit and did very well.... probably tested out of almost a full year. So he will hit the ground running. He is also working for a Berkeley-based company as a programmer (from home) and has been doing that for the past year, and wants to keep doing that. He gets a lot of work from that company so he will be a busy boy.

If you have any pearls of wisdom based on your experiences with UC Berkeley or the town itself, please pass them along. He's very independent but it still worries me that he's going to be thousands of miles away from family. :-\
    Hopefully he'll be in one of the newer dorms, like those in Foothill. There are some areas surrounding the campus that are kind of ... funky, reminiscent of the 60's hippie-dom. Like Telegraph Ave near the campus, and others where he shouldn't be out at night by himself (mostly on the north-east side of the campus). But the campus itself is pretty safe.

Yes, Berkeley is tops in Computer Science and also one of the top three in Math which is what my son majored in.

Dana used to work in Berkeley. You gotta watch the parking tickets. They're terrible.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Did you get a bag lift? You look different. :->
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve link=topic=13758.msg145391#msg145391 date=1374171591
    Did you get a bag lift? You look different. :->
    rofl

Same old bag Steve, except on Sundays I wear this one:

[attachimg=1]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello and welcome to the forum, from North Jersey.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder link=topic=13758.msg145480#msg145480 date=1374289415

Hello and welcome to the forum, from North Jersey.
    Thanks Boulder

Thanks for the Berkeley tips. I think he will be getting his dorm assignment shortly.

I remember seeing some of the math your son was doing. Just looking at it gave me a headache.... lol Clearly he got your smart genes!

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13758.msg145540#msg145540 date=1374428474
    Thanks for the Berkeley tips. I think he will be getting his dorm assignment shortly.

I remember seeing some of the math your son was doing. Just looking at it gave me a headache.... lol Clearly he got your smart genes!
    Heck, it gives me a headache and I was the one that helped him with his math homework when he was in HS.

Hi Rudy, and welcome from Southern Mississippi. The 124 degree temp is nice, want to try some of my 95% humidity? In any case it looks as if the forum will be a lot more fun from now on. Even Epi seems to be having more fun 8/ >:#, can't you tell?
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Mudder link=topic=13758.msg145781#msg145781 date=1374719141
    Hi Rudy, and welcome from Southern Mississippi. The 124 degree temp is nice, want to try some of my 95% humidity? In any case it looks as if the forum will be a lot more fun from now on. Even Epi seems to be having more fun 8/ >:#, can't you tell?
    Thanks for the welcome Mudder. I hear you on the humidity. They are both bad, specially together.

Oh yeah, I hope Epi gets all the fun she deserves. happydance02
    I am searching Yelp right now for a proctologist that lives near her.

... I'm late. crying01 But welcome over here Rudy.

My first posts and interests were on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by jkress link=topic=13758.msg145865#msg145865 date=1374823318
    ... I'm late. crying01 But welcome over here Rudy.

My first posts and interests were on your side.
    Thanks for the welcome jkres. My side? Oh, you meant the other forum?

Hi Rudy I'm a little late on your welcome too - I think you may have the longest ongoing welcome thread in AD history. Popular guy, you are! lol

Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat link=topic=13758.msg145901#msg145901 date=1374855485
    Hi Rudy I'm a little late on your welcome too - I think you may have the longest ongoing welcome thread in AD history. Popular guy, you are! lol
    Hi Tanacat,

Late welcomers are always welcome.