Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old guy new to this forum

Old guy new to this forum

Hi, just wanted to drop by and catch up with some old friends ... and perhaps make some new ones.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Re: Old guy new to this forum

Welcome to American Detectorist Rudy , its very nice to see you here and I hope you visit often.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hi Rudy!

I don't know you from other forums like some members here, but I have heard nothing but good things about you.

Glad to see you here! Count me as a new friend.

Tony
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Oh yeah! I'd recognize that face anywhere! :hysterical:
    Good to see ya here Rudy! thumbsup01
    Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Thanks guys. You rock!
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

OMG! Rudy!!!

It's so great to see you here! Have missed you, my friend!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13758.msg145168#msg145168 date=1373939339
    OMG! Rudy!!!

It's so great to see you here! Have missed you, my friend!
    Hey Ang, told you I'd make it over when I found some spare time.

Got any good proctologist jokes?

Hello Rudy,

Don't know you but it seems that a lot of other members do. Glad you found us here and looking forward to your future posts.

Al
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome old friend.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Hey Rudy, love the bag. That is about as anonymous as it get on the internet lol Maybe Angie can share some of them jokes with us.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy link=topic=13758.msg145182#msg145182 date=1373945808
    Got any good proctologist jokes?
    Always the troublemaker lol

Watch out, or I'll start regaling you with the various adventures in my life the way I used to. And trust me, you really don't want that! lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Hello all. A lot of old faces here.

Hey John, nice to see you. How are things in Vegas? I moved to Beaumont and it's been miserably hot here. Was at Palm Desert the other day and the temperature was 124. Thank goodness for the invention of automotive air conditioning!

Ang, I knew a Jamaican proctologist name Pokee Man, maybe you met him? :hysterical:

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy link=topic=13758.msg145227#msg145227 date=1373991916
    Ang, I knew a Jamaican proctologist name Pokee Man, maybe you met him? :hysterical:
    lol

For those of you who are wondering where this little segueway came from, I mentioned to Rudy that I was dating a cardiologist, and somehow that led us into the land of proctologist jokes. rofl (Jeez, I hope he isn't reading this...) lol

I remember when we used to have our posting contests on who could come up with the most complex and difficult word. Do you happen to play Words with Friends? Because if you do, I would like to officially beat you. :hysterical:

Wow I have more posts than Rudy!
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13758.msg145236#msg145236 date=1373996463

lol

For those of you who are wondering where this little segueway came from, I mentioned to Rudy that I'm currently dating a cardiologist, and somehow that led us into the land of proctologist jokes. rofl (Jeez, I hope he isn't reading this...) lol

I remember when we used to have our posting contests on who could come up with the most complex and difficult word. Do you happen to play Words with Friends? Because if you do, I would like to officially beat you. :hysterical:
    Oh but I am reading this. Or, did you mean the cardioman?

Difficult words? How about:
    Floccinaucinihilipilification; an instant winner in scrabble, being one letter longer than the commonly cited antidisestablishmentarianism.

It means: The act of describing something as unimportant, of having no value or being worthless.

My favorite though is frisbeetarianism. The philosophy that when you die, your soul goes up on a roof and gets stuck there (word invented by George Carlin).

Hey Diggler, give me a break. I just registered.

Count me as a new friend too Rudy I'm glad you reconnected with your old friends. ...and they ARE old
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=13758.msg145264#msg145264 date=1374016912
    Count me as a new friend too Rudy I'm glad you reconnected with your old friends. ...and they ARE old
    Yes we are, except for Epi of course.

No fair.... It's against the rules to sleep with a thesaurus under your pillow - which is clearly what you've been doing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy link=topic=13758.msg145277#msg145277 date=1374018761
    Yes we are, except for Epi of course.
    You must be referring to someone else because Epi turns 49 in two months!

The other day I got something in the mail from AARP! verreaction: I threw it right in the dumpster - it didn't even make it into the house lol rofl Nasty thing!!

Is Beaumont anywhere near Berkeley? My son is moving there in a couple of weeks to attend UC Berkeley

Welcome to AD Rudy!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13758.msg145283#msg145283 date=1374028167
    No fair.... It's against the rules to sleep with a thesaurus under your pillow - which is clearly what you've been doing lol

You must be referring to someone else because Epi turns 49 in two months!

The other day I got something in the mail from AARP! verreaction: I threw it right in the dumpster - it didn't even make it into the house lol rofl Nasty thing!!

Is Beaumont anywhere near Berkeley? My son is moving there in a couple of weeks to attend UC Berkeley
    49? Why, I could be your father, you youngster.

Don't buy into any AARP insurance or annuity. If you do a little work, you can almost always find it for less.

Beaumont Ca lies between L. A. and Palm Springs. Quite a bit South from Berkeley and the nice cool weather they have there. Fourth of July weekend we drove down to Palm Springs and Palm Desert, about a 30 min drive from Beaumont. When we stopped for some lunch in Palm Desert at around 11:30am, the temperature was 124. Definitely not detecting weather.

Hey, that's great about your son! What's he planning on majoring on? If you remember, my son also went there.