Thread: Safari QESTION

Safari QESTION

What is the best settings for the safari while detecting around cellar holes and dealing with a lot of iron , seems everything I try I can't get the null or constant hum to sound in These areas and with out that you can't find eny thing thinkingabout:?

Re: Safari QESTION

Don't know much about the Safari, but I have a couple of Minelabs. Does it have a high trash setting? And is it on? If it's on, do you sweep it very slow?
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

You should be able to turn the threshold up until you always hear the hum. Any break in the hum means you went over a metal that is discriminated out. Near a hole itself I run with a 6x8 SEF coil and in all metal. When away from the hole I run coin and jewelry and dig everything above iron.
    2015 YTD $4.96 Silvers (16) Buff (3) V Nickel (4) IH (4) Gold (1) Minelab Safari and ProFind

I swing a safari and I hunt ghost towns....I usually run it in Coin or Coin and Jewelry and use the factory settings...I run it in high trash density...It should hum if not over any iron or metal objects and I dig every repeatable signal. Don't forget to do the noise cancel as well....I do this EVERYTIME I change ANY setting....

Good luck and if ya have any other questions..post em up....Like I said, I have been swingin the safari for a long time....HH.
    Minelab Safari

Blog Entries
    Always do a Noise cancel after ANY changes in settings.
    Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero & Silver uMax.