Thread: AT PRO OR AT GOLD:huh::huh:

AT PRO OR AT GOLD:huh::huh:

Which does everyone prefer and what are the pros and cons . THANKS

Re: AT PRO OR AT GOLD:huh::huh:

If you don't hunt in saltwater and surf I would get the Pro-gold.
    Just another pennies worth, John...
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

The AT Pro and the AT Gold are similar machines, the biggest difference being their frequency.

The AT Pro is 15 kHz and the AT Gold is 18 kHz.

The 18 kHz frequency of the AT Gold makes it more suitable for finding tiny gold nuggets. (Hence the name AT Gold.)

If you are planning on prospecting for gold nuggets then I would consider getting the AT Gold, if you are only planning on hunting for coins, jewelry and relics then I would go with the less expensive AT Pro.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Are both about the same as far as hunting around iron infested cellar holes , THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Rondoutcreek link=topic=13801.msg145814#msg145814 date=1374765217
    Are both about the same as far as hunting around iron infested cellar holes , THANKS
    I think some people lean torward the gold for cellar hole hunting. It probably hits small items better because of the higher frequency. Since buttons are one of the better cellar hole finds, they probably lock in better with the gold.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

The Garrett website may help with your decision.

AT Pro™ Metal Detector Highly Recommended - Coin Hunting, Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting, Cache Hunting, Prospecting, Ghost Town Hunting, Competition Events, Beach/Fresh Water Hunting -Ideal for use in both fresh and saltwater AT Pro will ground balance to saltwater.

AT Gold™ Metal Detector Highly Recommended - Prospecting, Coin, Jewelry, Cache Hunting, Relic Hunting, Organized Hunts and Shallow Fresh Water Hunting - Not recommended for saltwater use or surf hunting.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbb...otions_us.aspx
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=13801.msg145813#msg145813 date=1374764986
    The AT Pro and the AT Gold are similar machines, the biggest difference being their frequency.

The 18 kHz frequency of the AT Gold makes it more suitable for finding tiny gold nuggets. (Hence the name AT Gold.)

If you are planning on prospecting for gold nuggets then I would consider getting the AT Gold, if you are only planning on hunting for coins, jewelry and relics then I would go with the less expensive AT Pro.
    Great post! Holler with questions!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

Candidate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post

Tony is correct. the big difference would be, what are you detecting for. If mainly gold then the AT Gold is your best bet. Other that that the AT pro will do exactly the same thing. (it will hit on gold but not as good as the AT gold)

When hunting trashy sites I use the Pro which has adjustable discrimination. When going for maximum depth I get the Gold out and use all metal mode. The gold does hit on gold very hard, with a louder sound. I think the Pro hits on silver harder.

For the small difference in dollars the gold is a better value and the ground balance window is priceless for deeper signals

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Get both if in doubt...lol!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!