I bought mine Oct 2015. I have quite a few hours 60+ in various areas. I have been to Newport Beach in CA, didn't find much and had a hard time with the salt water/wet sand. Just got back from Houston and spent some time in La Porte on the Gulf and had no problem with the salt water there (should say wet sand). On land, I do like the equipment, but haven't compared it to others. I have been thinking about getting a Minelab CTX 3030. Still on the fence as to getting that or buy a NEL 13x14 coil. I think with everything practice makes you better.

Quality is there. I honestly don't take care of equipment very well. I have been in muck, sand, snow, rain etc. and it still works like a champ. I have taken coins 10-11 deep on sand volleyball courts.

Last - if you forget the bolt and wingnut to attach your coil to the AT Pro (and you are 1500 miles from home), go to Lowe's and get 1.75" Nylon bolt 3/8 -16 thread with 2 washers and nuts. Worked excellent and never came loose. Hand tightened. Find it in the hardware department.