Thread: Last three cellar hole hunts (beauty copper, applied silver knee buckle, relics)

Last three cellar hole hunts (beauty copper, applied silver knee buckle, relics)

I have been crazy busy lately and finally got around to cleaning my finds from the last three hunts.

Last Sunday I invited a friend Allyson...(she rights a metal detecting blog called Detecting Diva), She had been wanting to hunt with me for some time now and finally the stars aligned. She actually did great that day and found an 1818 Matron and KGIII

My second hunt was on Thursday. This cellar hole was one I found after a good amount of research and scouting. Originally I was going to save this hole for myself but decided to bring Dave and Allyson to it last Sunday. That is where Dave found his Pistareen! Thursday was my day to hunt it alone and nabbed a real nice looker copper... an 1802 Draped bust and a silver applied knee buckle .
    Another interesting piece was an escutcheon plate which I find all the time. However, after cleaning it I noticed the number 1526! Could that actually be a date on the piece[attach=1]

Friday we headed to a new site that had 2 cellar holes one being enormous, never seen one so big.

After all the hunts I ended up with a good amount of 18th and 19th century buttons including a complete pewter one, Fatty 1859 Indian, 1882 Indian, 1934 Merc, 1917 wheat, a complete rosette, that 1802 Draped, silver applied buckle and bunch of other relics
    Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Re: Last three cellar hole hunts (beauty copper, applied silver knee buckle, relics)

sweet copper and the knee buckle is an eye catching ornate one congrats Todd |
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Re: Last three cellar hole hunts (beauty copper, applied silver knee buckle, relics)

Wow Todd... those are some beautiful finds! I love that knee buckle. That really makes me want to get out to a cellar hole this fall. I'm counting on George and Dan to take me to one <: Great finds!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Awesome finds!

You can search thru all 402 patents issued on Dec 22, 1885 to find that one. Unfortunately there is no database searching prior to 1975 to just search the name Harris.

Dec 22, 1885 patents are # 332694 thru 333096.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

That's some fancy hunting there
    Little bit of everything. That copper is

Keep it up |
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Some great finds Todd
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

sweet finds todd ,love the knee buckle! great copper too!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Great finds and love that knee buckle. I noticed a silver spoon bowl. Do you ever find them complete?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album