Thread: ok im lost !!!!!

ok im lost !!!!!

your gona love this .
    today was my birthday and my wife had bought me a 4inch sniper coil for my f4 but when i tryed to push it into the male part on my detector i found that the 4inch coil cored was also a male end.
    after talking to kellyco on the phone the gentelman informed me that the 4inch push in coil for the f2 and f4 never has and never will fit the f2 or f4 any clues thinkingabout: nothinkingabout: me nether .
    i ask him why thay where selling somthing that didnt fit what thay where saying it would fit ? his answer? i dont know,ive told them about it and your not the first to buy it thinking it would fit > .
    aparently i need the screw in one , and you know what ? thay didnt even offer to pay the shipping back to them!!!!! but trust me thay will be paying it after i set the rottweiller with lipstick on them (the wife).
    i was looking so forward to useing it today as well...... >:\

Re: ok im lost !!!!!

I'd E mail the manufacturer. Then I would buy from someone else from now on. Sorry you had that bad luck. What should have been a good time was ruined by that type of service.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Happy Birthday though lol
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=14037.msg147797#msg147797 date=1377043391
    Happy Birthday though lol
    ha ha ha ha ok ok you made me laugh drew.............................................p lonker !!!!

Happy Birthday Lee.
    Make sure you get a return authorization number and ask for a return shipping label.
    Best of luck, John.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Happy Birthday Lee......what a shock to read that KellyCo would pull this stunt rofl

I hope you can get this situation resolved to your liking cause a well trained rotweiller can do some damage.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I ordered a few accessories from Kco using a UK Debit Card. Unknown to me they didn't accept foreign cards. Although their website accepted my order, they wouldn't. I waited 2 weeks before contacting them as I had a dig coming up and needed the trowel that I had ordered. I was eventually told they wouldn't accept my card and I had to pat with a US card. I paid there and then with my US card, but it still took them 5 days from then to ship my order. I called before then asking why it had not been shipped explaining that I needed it by a specific date, and they had no explanation. I missed my dig as I had nothing to dig with :-\ When I did receive my order I completed the customer feedback form explaining how annoyed I was at missing my event because of their poor customer care. I didn't even get an apology. Never again would I buy from them!

Candidate Member

I'm curious.
    It's obvious that KellyCo messed up. But they are merely a dealer, aren't they?
    Who is the manufacturer of the coil? It would seem to me, that if I am going to manufacture a coil for a particular detector, I would have some responsibility to ensure it actually works on that detector.
    Have you contacted the manufacturer, by any chance?
    Also, I have to ask, I just gave the owner's manual for the F2 a quick read, it explains that the coil wire has a locking ring that screws onto the detector connection. Also, on the last page of the owner's manual, it list accessories for the F2, including coils with their part numbers. The 4 coil is listed as part no. 4coilF, which just happens to be the catalog number used by KellyCo. The other coil, the incorrect one, is merely a 4coil. Did you not ever look at your detector, or remove the coil? Were you unaware it required a screw on connector, rather than a push in connector? Didn't the difference in part number give you pause?
    I'm afraid, I'm the one confused here.
    TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, BHID, Surf P.I. (Plus), Prizm IV

Quote Originally Posted by wrvond link=topic=14037.msg148187#msg148187 date=1377483815
    I'm curious.
    It's obvious that KellyCo messed up. But they are merely a dealer, aren't they?
    Who is the manufacturer of the coil? It would seem to me, that if I am going to manufacture a coil for a particular detector, I would have some responsibility to ensure it actually works on that detector.
    Have you contacted the manufacturer, by any chance?
    Also, I have to ask, I just gave the owner's manual for the F2 a quick read, it explains that the coil wire has a locking ring that screws onto the detector connection. Also, on the last page of the owner's manual, it list accessories for the F2, including coils with their part numbers. The 4 coil is listed as part no. 4coilF, which just happens to be the catalog number used by KellyCo. The other coil, the incorrect one, is merely a 4coil. Did you not ever look at your detector, or remove the coil? Were you unaware it required a screw on connector, rather than a push in connector? Didn't the difference in part number give you pause?
    I'm afraid, I'm the one confused here.
    i have not looked to see who manufacturs said coil but i will.
    and my wife, who does not detect , bought it for my birthday mate , shes a silly sausage isnt she ? ill tell her in future to look through my crap and find the manual before she buys me stuff for my detector and not rely on a distributer to steer her in the right direction.
    i clearly said in my first post that my wife had bought it for me.....but thanks for the advice. sorry for your confusion.

Candidate Member

I see your point, Lee. You are absolutely correct. The sales person does have a responsibility to provide correct information when asked.
    Perhaps KellyCo has gotten to big to be effectively managed.

TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, BHID, Surf P.I. (Plus), Prizm IV

The problem is that the person at Kellyco said they knew of the issue and they continued to sell it.(Probably still do ) I don't know about anyone else, but when I give someone my hard earned dollars for a product they are selling, I don't expect to be the one that has to look at every detail before I order. Plain as that. Kellyco deserves the bad rap on that one.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lee link=topic=14037.msg147792#msg147792 date=1377043002
    your gona love this .
    today was my birthday and my wife had bought me a 4inch sniper coil for my f4 but when i tryed to push it into the male part on my detector i found that the 4inch coil cored was also a male end.
    after talking to kellyco on the phone the gentelman informed me that the 4inch push in coil for the f2 and f4 never has and never will fit the f2 or f4 any clues thinkingabout: nothinkingabout: me nether .
    i ask him why thay where selling somthing that didnt fit what thay where saying it would fit ? his answer? i dont know,ive told them about it and your not the first to buy it thinking it would fit > .
    aparently i need the screw in one , and you know what ? thay didnt even offer to pay the shipping back to them!!!!! but trust me thay will be paying it after i set the rottweiller with lipstick on them (the wife).
    i was looking so forward to useing it today as well...... >:\
    Lee, why don't you call them and ask to speak with Stu Auerbach. He is the president and founder of Kellyco. Be sure to explain in detail what's happened to your purchase and how the knowledgeable sales folks know about the problem, yet it seems that no one there gives a damn about correcting the problem.

Or you could email him with a link to this thread. I believe his address is stu@kellycodetectors.com

Let us know what happens.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

and here is the best bit, i called them today to get return shipping and thay tryed to say it was my wifes fault and thay would not pay the shipping back .
    after i told them to read what it said on there site back to me over the phone thay agreed to pay.......crafty little bar- - - - - s.