Thread: Amazing Monday

Amazing Monday

I just posted the finds from this past weekend and the previous week so now here is my Monday hunt which just blew me away. Last Friday after a stretch of very little finds, my luck started to improve. On Monday I decided to go back to the site where I found the three silver Rosies. I hesitated going back because I didn't think I could get that lucky again on the same site. Well, I was proved wrong, wrong and wrong. The clearing is on a small hill so I decided to try the side away from the trail that I came in on. My third target turn out to be a silver quarter, two feet from that was a second one and about 16 inches from that was the mercury dime. Needless to say, I was going nuts. A short time later about 6 feet to my left I got the third quarter and then back up the hill toward the top I got a silver Rosie. After spending some time and getting just some clad, I decided to walk the trail where I found just a bit more clad. Interestingly enough, the trail looped and I ended up back at the clearing so I figured that had to be an omen so I stayed there. I eventually found the second Rosie and then noticed another clearing down the right side of the clearing (my right as I originally walked into the clearing). I spend a bit of time detecting there and came up with my fourth quarter. Never, ever did I imagine I could have a day like that. I have read with some envy how people on this site have multiple silver days and never dreamt I would have one like this.

Thank you for looking and happy hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Re: Amazing Monday

Wow, four silver quarters in one hunt is amazing!

You really had a tremendous silver day, Bob!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Holy crap! You are really making up for your slow start to the year! You'd better keep hitting that spot, there's no way there aren't more goodies there. Although you may want to think about slowing it down a little because if I see a few more posts like this you can rest assured I'll be driving out there to go digging with you! lol lol lol
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Elite Member

...nice pile of silver
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Way to hit the silver mine Bob! Feels great to actually get the goodies consistantly and in a bunch like you did. I'd go over the area some more REAL low/slow and good luck to you HH.....

Huge congrats on all them nice silvers and old coins thumbsup01

Excellent hunting. Forget the word luck and use skill. 4 silver quarters in one hunt is

You still must be on cloud 9.......huge on all those keepers
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Those are the days I dream of. Bob, hope you have many more Amazing Mondays
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1

Not only did you get multiple silvers but you found more quarters than dimes Apparently there are more silvers just waiting for your return Nice hunt.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

great silver totals Bob yeah anytime your finding more bigger silver than small silver , you have to go back there and pound the area good
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment on my 'Amazing Monday'. My head is still on cloud 9 and it will be a while before I can focus clearly when I'm detecting a new area. I don't know if people who have detected for a long time get the same intense thrill as someone who is getting some of these for the first time. It really makes detecting addictive.

Thanks again
    and
    Happy hunting to all.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Very nice hunt | congrats on all that silver, WTG

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Wow! A major congratulations Bob! I can just picture your smile getting wider and wider as you dig each of those keepers. | Often the smile remains intact for hours! lol Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel link=topic=14324.msg150706#msg150706 date=1380843140
    Wow! A major congratulations Bob! I can just picture your smile getting wider and wider as you dig each of those keepers. | Often the smile remains intact for hours! lol Congratulations!
    Thank you Angel. You hit the nail on the head regarding the smile. This time though, no one saw me. When I found the seated liberty quarter, after about three minutes, I ran into a young woman walking her two young daughters and I think the grin on my face scared her so I turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. A bit embarrassing to say the least.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Great finds!

Now, how about a little 'fist bump' from one Bob to another for a little luck my way?
    Garrett Ace 350

"Tradition is the illusion of permanance." -Woody Allen

Love the Washingtons. What a great hunt, congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e99 link=topic=14324.msg150742#msg150742 date=1380885485
    Thank you Angel. You hit the nail on the head regarding the smile. This time though, no one saw me. When I found the seated liberty quarter, after about three minutes, I ran into a young woman walking her two young daughters and I think the grin on my face scared her so I turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. A bit embarrassing to say the least.
    That is funny Bob! lol lol

I wish you much success in your hunts. I believe you will hit double-digit silver soon. Now it's just a matter of time as you hit new places and work them well.

Take care Bob!