Thread: BIG Silver South of the Border!

BIG Silver South of the Border!

That is to say, the silver is from south of the border. rofl

I hunted an old park for the first time today (for about 3 hours) that is right up against a BIG, old cemetery. Part of where I hunted you could actually tell they exhumed bodies from. There were grave sink holes all over the top of the park.

The edges of the park were SUPER trashy, then you get toward the middle and the signals started to disappear. Was really weird! The peso coin is 72% silver and rang up 1-45 on the e-trac. Like the silver quarter, they were both BARELY under the surface. So I'm guessing the ground has seen a lot of action over the years.

Also found my 2nd civil war bullet of the year. <: Along with 2 wheat pennies (1917 & 1957-D) A 1909 trade token, a watch fob for a hardware company, and only 4 memorial cents for the clad. Where's the clad?

The object on the far right of the first pic is a cemetery relic. I found several other random pieces of similar nature.

After some investigation I believe the old Chinese coin is a fake. There's no markings on the back and It's a cheap metal. If anyone has any ideas on that one let me know. Couldn't find these exact marking on any Chinese coin. (Last year I found a REAL 1735-1795 Chien-Lung variety) It rang up more like a wheat penny. This one is thin, a cheaper metal and rang up 19-11 on the e-trac.

Full video will be up on my YT channel in about an hour!
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Re: BIG Silver South of the Border!

That's a really cool old piece of big silver, nice finds!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Nice looking peso and wash. on your 2nd civil war bullet.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Great bunch of finds you got there thumbsup01 I really like the old Mexican big silver too and congrats on all them nice coins!

That pesos is a really nice find. And a silver quarter to go with it makes it an extremely nice hunt.

| | |
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Thanks everyone!

And after some research it turns out the coin I thought was Chinese is actually Japanese. I haven't been able to peg the exact variety. But it's from the 1,600's

My oldest coin now for sure.

Wow, what a beautiful silver coin from Mexico!

I really like the token and the watch fob too!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg