Thread: Sunday's hunt at two cellar holes(Unique Badge and complete Shoe Buckle)

Sunday's hunt at two cellar holes(Unique Badge and complete Shoe Buckle)

Arrived at the cellar holes just as the Sun was coming up with a cool 38 degree temperature. It took a while but we finally started pulling targets from the 1st site.

My first target of the day was a part of a shoe buckle frame at the base of a steep hill.

Re-sweep the hole and still getting a signal. This time I pull out the tongue and chape, then another piece of the frame and finally a third piece of the frame to complete the entire buckle.

I while later I finally pulled a coin, a nice 1819 Matron on the side of a mound. Then towards the end of the hunt I pulled up a unique badge that still had pieces of ribbon on it
    The badge says Mid Summer Meet August 1895

I had to take the day off from work today as I can barely move. I apparently threw out my back while rolling a log ,I felt a sharp pain when it happened. after waking up this morning, I had a heck of a time getting out of bed so I grabbed some muscle relaxers and hopefully it will heal up soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Re: Sunday's hunt at two cellar holes(Unique Badge and complete Shoe Buckle)

Todd you have me beat , the most pieces i found to rebuild a shoe buckle was 3 (frame was broken in two and the chape an tongue ) but mine was complete after two different hunts as the pieces were farther away (about 75 feet) from each other. its nice to see all together again after 200+ years later . i at first thought your medal or badge was from the International Alliance of Women organization because of the initials on the badge but that didn't group didn't start up until about 1902 .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=14593.msg153016#msg153016 date=1383592392
    Todd you have me beat , the most pieces i found to rebuild a shoe buckle was 3 (frame was broken in two and the chape an tongue ) but mine was complete after two different hunts as the pieces were farther away (about 75 feet) from each other. its nice to see all together again after 200+ years later . i at first thought your medal or badge was from the International Alliance of Women organization because of the initials on the badge but that didn't group didn't start up until about 1902 .
    Dan, the badge letters are the League of American Wheelman... Dave sent me this info
    Attached Images Attached Images  

aaaaahhh! i wasn't sure on that first letter , the green verdigris made it look like maybe and H or and I or an L . very cool find Todd | |

on another note ... its nice to see Dave figuring out stuff on his own and not asking me or one of the other guys from the other forums what everything is lol lol

pssst, I think he's ready to shed his padawan robes to finally become a Jedi- cellar hole-master.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member

Very nice that you were able to find all the parts...that doesn't EVER happen..then again, you have some crazy luck
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=14593.msg153031#msg153031 date=1383595853
    aaaaahhh! i wasn't sure on that first letter , the green verdigris made it look like maybe and H or and I or an L . very cool find Todd | |

on another note ... its nice to see Dave figuring out stuff on his own and not asking me or one of the other guys from the other forums what everything is lol lol

pssst, I think he's ready to shed his padawan robes to finally become a Jedi- cellar hole-master.
    ah! thank you Sensei |) nice Todd! thought there was still a tiny piece of buckle missin when ya gave up? apparently not
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Developments to bikes made then safe for the public and their use really skyrocketed around that time. Really nice hunt Todd and I hope your back improves soon.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Wow great finds. I hope you start feeling better soon. I recognized the badge right away, the LAW started to help promote paving of roads, and promotion of cycling across the country. I was in the bicycle business for nearly 40 years and was quite familiar with the organization. That is really cool.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Awesome finds Todd!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT link=topic=14593.msg153086#msg153086 date=1383625194
    ah! thank you Sensei |) nice Todd! thought there was still a tiny piece of buckle missin when ya gave up? apparently not
    Yeah Dave, I got all the pieces now I just need some glue lol
    Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=14593.msg153092#msg153092 date=1383644371
    Developments to bikes made then safe for the public and their use really skyrocketed around that time. Really nice hunt Todd and I hope your back improves soon.
    Thanks Drew, my back is feeling better already. I should be good to go this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel link=topic=14593.msg153160#msg153160 date=1383760627
    Awesome finds Todd!
    Thanks Roger, you need to let me know your schedule so we can get another hunt in.

Now that is pretty cool
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."