Thread: Forum Conversion Completed

Forum Conversion Completed

The forum conversion was completed ahead of schedule. Every effort has been made to ensure minimal disruption. Thank you for your patience during this transition. There are yet a few changes pending which may require the forum be placed in maintenance mode, but it is expected to cause only minimal downtime. In the meantime, make note of the following as you become acquainted with the new features and enhancements offered by the new forum software. Please let us know if you experience any difficulty navigating the forum, while using any of the available features, or features you believe may be missing. Enjoy!

Enhanced Post Editor

The forum's enhanced post editor has been enabled for all members. A menu will be displayed above the text window of a post or private message being created or edited. Emoticons are displayed on the right side of the window, however the full emoticon menu can be accessed by clicking on the 'more' link shown under the emoticon menu or the 'smiley' emoticon displayed on the main bar menu, as shown in the following image.

Name:  smiley_section.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  15.8 KB

Attachments

Images can be attached to posts by selecting the Manage Attachment menu while making a post.

Name:  attachments.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  9.0 KB

Profile Settings

Your date and time zone can be changed via your profile. Select Settings at the top right-side of the menu. From there select General Settings from the My Settings menu displayed on the left side of the page, and then select your time zone from the Date & Time Options drop-down menu.

Name:  profilesettings.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  3.4 KB

Name:  settingsmenu.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  18.9 KB

Name:  dateandtime.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  27.3 KB

Hi, nice job, but what's about the avatar? No option to upload nor to use one from http:\\....

or do one have a limit of posts to get the option??

Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    Hi, nice job, but what's about the avatar? No option to upload nor to use one from http:\\....

or do one have a limit of posts to get the option??
    Hi Vito. We attempted to import member avatars during the conversion, but it appears that the import did not work as expected. When enabled, adding avatars can be done by selecting Settings at the top of the page and then choosing Edit Avatar from the My Settings menu. I'll have to look at the forum settings to see why the feature has not yet been enabled though. I'll keep you posted.

I can't even imagine all the hard work that has gone into this conversion. Thank you Angie and Angel for all you have done. The new platform will take some getting used to, but I'm sure that we will all become accustomed to the new surroundings very quickly.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    I can't even imagine all the hard work that has gone into this conversion. Thank you Angie and Angel for all you have done. The new platform will take some getting used to, but I'm sure that we will all become accustomed to the new surroundings very quickly.
    Thanks Tony. It took much longer than anticipated, and was more difficult than expected, but we believe the change will allow members a more enjoyable experience overall. But yes, there will be the initial bumps we all will have to deal with.

Tried this but there is no Option for uploading or so. sorry. (same in Firefox and IE10)

Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  26.0 KB

Thanks a lot for your work and your time.
    Last edited by Vito; 11-13-2013 at 01:11 PM.

We tried to get the avatars to convert over but it just wasn't happening.

Thank you for pointing out this issue. I have changed a setting and you should now be able to upload an avatar. Sorry!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Thank you Angel for all you did to make this conversion happen. Without you this would not have been possible.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Very nice, all the hard work shows in the results.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    We tried to get the avatars to convert over but it just wasn't happening.

Thank you for pointing out this issue. I have changed a setting and you should now be able to upload an avatar. Sorry!
    Sh... happens. But at least this great forum is running. Thanks for your patience and the good job, staff.