Thread: Tornadoes

Tornadoes

I hope everyone in IL are okay and survived the terrible tornadoes. I have family in Washington, IL and it was devastating.

Staffmembers here in that area are Tony Two-Cent and Ill Digger... I hope they are well too! Please let us know.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I always worry about everyone when I hear of tornados ripping through the area. Hope everyone is safe.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I hunted in Coal City yesterday. 20 miles from my home.
    I worked there for 15 years and have many friends living there.
    My prayers are with them tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    I hope everyone in IL are okay and survived the terrible tornadoes. I have family in Washington, IL and it was devastating.

Staffmembers here in that area are Tony Two-Cent and Ill Digger... I hope they are well too! Please let us know.
    Thanks for the thoughts Angie. We are all OK here. There were some winds in the 60 to 75 MPH range reported in our area. We has some pea sized hail. Lots of trees and power lines down. Thankfully no tornadoes. Like you said some other Illinoisans weren't so fortunate Hopefully your family is all OK down in Washington,Il. Hopefully all members and their families are safe tonight after these nasty storms.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Thanks Angie. As a former meteorologist, I was outside with a keen eye on the sky. There was 3 tornados on the ground at the same time in all 3 counties that border ours! One was 8 miles from my house and the other 11 miles.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

I just seen some of the devastation and WOW . I really hope all here and their families made it through unhurt .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Our skies turned black and the tornado sirens went off around noon in Monticello yesterday. We stayed in the basement for about an hour. Fortunately, we just had some high winds and rain, no damage.

I talked to my parents in Flora, IL last night and they escaped any damage also. We were fortunate.

The damage in Washington, IL is really bad, and nearby Gifford, IL got hit hard too.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

At least this time there was warning ahead of time. I'm sure it saved hundreds of lives.
    We got the same as Tony , Black skies, extreme winds and lots of rain.
    No damage by us. But 20 miles down RT.55, Diamond got leveled.
    I have many friends down there and they'e all OK. Thank God

Good to hear you guys are okay I didn't hear about them until late last night on the news. We've had some touch down fairly close here in Lexington a few years back.

Tornadoes are scary- hubby and I love watching those storm chaser shows and watch them enough to have motivated him to build a sturdy shelter in the basement that my young boys call the 'Bear Cave'... there's a huge stuffed teddy bear in there to make it more cozy He used wood doors, plywood, and padded with foam on the floor and around the inside. We've only 'holed up' in there one time so far, when hail started hitting the windows we got down there in a flash...

Now we need to stop watching those survival shows about the end is near (can't remember the name) or he'll be excavating into the basement wall to build a 'bomb shelter'... some people are really prepared!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP