Thread: Can't post comments on YouTube

Can't post comments on YouTube

Anyone else having this problem?

YouTube won't let me post any comments at all, or reply to any comments that other people have left on my channel. I can't even posts comments on my own videos.

This is a recent development, I used to be able to post comments or reply to them with no problem. It seems that a lot of other people are having this same issue and it has something to do with YouTube's recent requirement that you link your YouTube channel to your Google+ account.

YouTube gives instruction on how to link your channel to your Google+ account. When I go to my YouTube account settings and click on the link that says "Link channel with Google+" nothing happens. Yes, I do have a Google+ account. I even tried it from the Google Chrome browser and still had no success.

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, and if so, do you know how to fix it?

I am at my wit's end.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Tony I had the same problem when I tried to post to your video It said to sign in again and I did and then I was able to post a comment. Don't know what they are doing too about e-mail notifications, I used to get e-mails from new video postings that I wanted but not anymore it seems like....almost like government try to make something better and it always ends up worse...lol!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two View Post
    Tony I had the same problem when I tried to post to your video It said to sign in again and I did and then I was able to post a comment. Don't know what they are doing too about e-mail notifications, I used to get e-mails from new video postings that I wanted but not anymore it seems like....almost like government try to make something better and it always ends up worse...lol!
    Yes, that's another problem, Tony. I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications of comments to my videos.

I tried logging out of YouTube and then logging back in. That didn't seem to help any.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Tony it does not work for me either. I did a little research and came across this information. I do not have time to figure it out right now but I thought it might help you. I also need to create a Google + account (whatever that is).

Can't connect to Google+

Currently, a small set of channels can't connect to a Google identity as they have certain properties that Google+ doesn't support. These channels won't be able to access some new features, and some existing features may be slightly degraded.

The following types of channels are currently affected:

Channels with a disabled Google+ profile
    Channels on a Google Apps domain that disables Google+
    Channels with policies that prevent them from having a Google+ profile or page (e.g., channels with age gates, or other restrictions that Google+ does not support)
    Channels that are hidden
    In addition, channels with paid subscriptions can connect to a Google+ profile but not to a Google+ page, due to technical limitations.

What to do if your channel can't get a Google identity

We are working to lift the restrictions so that all channels can use a Google identity. Until then, if your channel is in this state, you have a few options:

If your channel’s account has a disabled Google+ profile, in some cases you can visit Google+ to see if you can resolve the issue. Learn more about profile suspensions.
    If your channel’s account is on a Google Apps domain that has disabled Google+, talk with your domain administrator to see if Google+ can be enabled.
    If your channel has a paid subscription, and you want to connect to a Google+ page, consider unsubscribing. (You can re-subscribe using your personal channel.)
    If your channel is hidden, you can re-enable your channel.
    Consider using an alternate channel that doesn't have above properties.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Thanks, Jeff! I actually think I have discovered the problem. When I went to my Google+ account this time I got a message that said my Google+ account has been suspended.

Apparently they don't think that "Tony TwoCent" is my real name. THE NERVE!

So I had to change my Google+ account name to "Tony Thomas" and they are going to review that to determine if it is my real name. My profile will remain suspended while it is under review, but all should be well after they have approved my real name.
    Lifetime totals:

OK, it's working now!

That was the problem, Google+ didn't like my fake "Tony TwoCent" name.

However, when I changed it to my real name, YouTube gave me the option of changing my screen name there, so I now appear as "Tony Two-Cent" on YouTube. That's what I have been trying to accomplish all along, so it all worked out in the end.

WOOT!
    Lifetime totals:

I'm just glad your extensive rap sheet wasn't the problem Tony! Luckily you don't have all the prison tats like I do.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger