Thread: What's Happened To All The Threads?

What's Happened To All The Threads?

Where did all the threads go in each forum? It looks like each time you go to a forum you have to tell it how long back to display, sort of an annoyance.
    Last edited by Bell-Two; 12-06-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two View Post
    Where did all the threads go in each forum?
    Tony, I have noticed this as well. I'm not sure why it sometimes only shows the threads from the past day, or the past 30 days.

To fix this, when you're in a section of the forum go to the bottom of the page and change the "Thread Display Options" to show threads from the beginning, sort by "thread start time", order threads in Descending Order, then click the button to the right that says "show threads".

I'm not sure why it doesn't stay on this setting.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

this is not good a lot of us are not the best with computers looks like we will have a hard time with these changes wish it stayed th way it was it was easy to post and everything progress isnt all its cut out to be dennis

Quote Originally Posted by POKIE73 View Post
    this is not good a lot of us are not the best with computers looks like we will have a hard time with these changes wish it stayed th way it was it was easy to post and everything progress isnt all its cut out to be dennis

Hey Dennis, if it was for progress, we would have stayed the same It was security issues that are not being addressed by the manufacturers of the forum packages that most people use. If an update is not available to fill a gap in the software, you will get hacked. You can not imagine the behind the scenes that Angie has put up with in the last couple of months. We had to switch the forum over. I agree, I'm not one for change, but it forces my mind to work but I am pretty computer illiterate so it is hard.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I found a way to change the default for each forum to "show all threads" from the back end, so it should be set now. Thank you for your patience!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    I found a way to change the default for each forum to "show all threads" from the back end, so it should be set now. Thank you for your patience!
    Good job! Thanks Angie!

Is there also a way to set the default to sort the threads by "Thread Start Time" and order threads in "Descending order"?

Right now it seems to always be sorting them by thread title.
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 12-07-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Good job! Thanks Angie!

Is there also a way to set the default to sort the threads by "Thread Start Time" and order threads in "Descending order"?

Right now it seems to always be sorting them by thread title.
    Okay, I reset all the forums to sort by thread start time and in descending order. (I don't know why they made the default to sort by thread title )

It's very helpful to get input on what needs to be changed, so please keep letting me know if there are things that could work/look better! There are a lot of settings and most things can probably be changed.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

i am sorry if anyone took my post the wrong way what i meant was i have trouble navagating the forum as it was i was never one to use the computer much until i joined these forums have learned a lot but still a lot to learn sorry if my posts offended anyone that was never my intention dennis

i am sorry if anyone took my post the wrong way what i meant was i have trouble navagating the forum as it was i was never one to use the computer much until i joined these forums have learned a lot but still a lot to learn sorry if my posts offended anyone that was never my intention dennis
    No problem Dennis... I understand the frustration. Believe me, I didn't do this for my entertainment. We simply had no choice because the software plugins we were using on the "free" software were not being updated and were susceptible to hacking attacks. In fact, we had one such attack a few weeks before the conversion and it was lucky we did not completely lose the forum - that's how much damage it did.

By the way, I changed your settings so that you will now receive email notification of your PMs.

Please keep an open mind if you can, and let me know if there are any questions or issues - I'll do my best to resolve them.

Your good Dennis I don't think anyone was offended. I just wanted everyone to know that we do see the difference in how the forum operates, but it may take a while to get it where most people feel comfortable with it. Some options may never be the same, but others may be even better. So hang in there and push a lot of buttons and see what happens
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Thanks to all who manage and run the Forum, you guys listen and respond...only wish the Washington would do the same!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album