Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Detectorist Contest - Win a Garrett AT Pro or Pro Pointer!

Just wanted to thank everyone from American Detectorist for making this great site available to all of us!
    Also special thanks to Bart from Big Boys for the great prizes in the contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Thanks guys .... much appreciated!

Bart gave a fantastic deal on these prizes as part of the contest and said he will throw in a T Shirt for the winners too! Thank you Bart, and thanks to all the great members and staff who have made AD a success!
    Hi Epi, Great contest, but when are you going to announce the winners? Or did I miss the memo?

FreeMindStuck

My apologies everyone

I have been having technical difficulties the last few days here in the temporary housing that I am in (for those who don't know, my house was hit by lightning and burned on December 21st and my kids and I are displaced for the next few weeks or months). Added to that, the insurance company suddenly decided I should transfer to a more permanent temporary housing this week so I have been jumping through those hoops only to have that fall through totally today. *sigh* Hope others had a better holiday!

I will do the drawing tonight and post it before midnight. I had planned to have my daughter do the drawing but for the reasons listed above, she isn't with me right now. I really apologize for the delay -

Angie
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Geez Angie!! I'm really sorry to hear of your turmoil! As if the holidays are hectic enough, adding that to the mix makes for "times that try men's souls".

Don't worry about the contest. Compared to what you're dealing with, it's nothing important. For several of us it's going to be months before we can get out swinging again anyway. Just take care of what you need to, and I wish you all the luck in the world.
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

Angie.
    I think everyone can agree that this can wait until your schedule permits. There is very little that cannot wait until you have set up your home and family. Is there anything that can be done to help you in your time of need? I don't live to far if you need anything.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

i have to agree this can wait the important thing is to take care of your famaliy first i dont think anybody on this forum will disagree hope all comes out well and you and yours can have a happy holiday and return to normal as soon as you can dennis

Veteran Member
    I agree Angie it can wait until things settle down there. So sorry to hear what happened, very glad and thankful that you are all ok. That's all that matters. God Bless and will pray for you and your family. Rich

Sorry to hear that ! Losing your house would count for more than just "technical difficulties". Here's hoping you can start rebuilding soon.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I'm sorry to hear about your house. My house burned down when I was 14. It was painful but you eventually replace most of the things. It sounds like you saved everything that is important. The contest can wait till it's convenient. Best Wishes

Take care of yourself and family that is the important thing we are praying for you that your situation will be quickly resolved and that you will be restored. God Bless!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Thank God you and your family are ok. You'll get through this in time.
    Stay Safe, Don
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Prayers out to you and your family!
    Minelab CTX 3030
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab GoFind 60
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    Garrett AT ProPointer
    Garrett Recovery Tool
    Stealth 720i Sand Scoop
    Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer
    Land and Sea Pinpointer
    Lesche Digging Tool
    Lesche 40" Shovel
    Lesche Piranha Shovel
    2007 Jeep JK to get me to where the treasure is!

My Youtube Channel! American Digger in Europe:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanDiggerInEurope

prayers be with you!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Veteran Member
    Hope all is well soon.

what a generous thing to do especially with the economy ....thanks

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Simply......outstanding!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Attachment 36972
    I received my prizes from the contest and thought I'd post a pic and give a few shout outs. I want to thank Bart at Big Boy's Hobbies. And definitely a huge thanks to Angie who put this contest together and has hands down, the coolest metal detecting forum on the internet! And I'm not just saying this because American Detectorist is giving me free stuff. American Detectorist has the most knowledgeable and friendliest members out there!

Thanks again
    Adrian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey congrats again on winning Adrian and thanks so much for your participation on the forum.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Congrats Adrian.
    I have to agree with you about the forum being a friendly and knowledgeable place to be. Thanks to Angie and all the folks who make it great.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Couldn't agree more with you Adrian. I still don't understand how I managed to somehow ignore this site for several years. I may be late to the game, but am happy I did finally arrive.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."