Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American Detectorist Contest - Win a Garrett AT Pro or Pro Pointer!

Looks like a great setup! Thanks AD for this. They have a great thing going!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

Thanks Big Boys! Nice prizes!
    XP Deus and MineLab Excalibur

Oldest Coin: 1773 George III Copper

Oldest US Coin: 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent

Oldest Silver: 1790 Carolus IV ½ Reale

Oldest US Silver: 1857 Seated Liberty Half Dime

Thank you everyone!

Bart gave AD great discounts on the prizes which was much appreciated. I just want to say how much we appreciate each and every member here. You are the ones who make this site what it is. Thank you!!!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Thank you everyone!

Bart gave AD great discounts on the prizes which was much appreciated. I just want to say how much we appreciate each and every member here. You are the ones who make this site what it is. Thank you!!!
    Your very welcome and thank YOU for running this site. I hope all is getting better with house situation !!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

What Don said: I hope your housing situation has been resolved and you can move forward. Will keep praying....

Thank you I'm back living in the house now but still don't have any furniture, etc to speak of. Sleeping on a mattress on the floor. But I will get there!

The lightning also hit the outside and destroyed the gutters all around the house and much of the exterior around it. They came today, bright and early (too early ) to work on that, with lots of hammering.

I've had a big construction dumpster in my driveway since December so they can throw things away. I have taken to throwing my garbage in there too rather than worry about putting it into a small garbage pail and set it out at the curb every week. So I will miss that.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Epi-hunter, has the second part of this contest occurred yet?
    If not any idea when the drawing might happen?
    Thanks
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Epi-hunter, has the second part of this contest occurred yet?
    If not any idea when the drawing might happen?
    Thanks
    Hi Tom and thanks for the question!

Originally I thought it would happen by now, but due to the horrible weather and the very slow forum since no one could detect, I wanted to get to a point where things were a bit more active. Such as the coming few weeks with spring and people actually detecting!

I also had hoped for more people to enter initially and would really like to see more entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Hi Tom and thanks for the question!

Originally I thought it would happen by now, but due to the horrible weather and the very slow forum since no one could detect, I wanted to get to a point where things were a bit more active. Such as the coming few weeks with spring and people actually detecting!

I also had hoped for more people to enter initially and would really like to see more entries.
    Okay, well thanks for the reply. I will need to get my entry in soon then. IT just was not clear (At least to me) if it was over or not.
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

Very nice contest!

So is there still time for me to enter? Thanks much. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by JdsCoins View Post
    Very nice contest!

So is there still time for me to enter? Thanks much. ^_^
    When round 2 happens there will be plenty of time to enter JD.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

i was thinking that round two was still picked from the remaining entries minus the two winners are they starting over

Not a 100% positive but I'm thinking that Angie would like to see more people enter the contest so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will be from scratch next time. If I'm wrong, 100 lashes with a pinpointer ......... Angie will let us know how it will work as it gets closer. Hey there is a lot of year left, so I don't think it will be tomorrow

Maybe we can get the Haiku madness rolling again.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronandari View Post
    Maybe we can get the Haiku madness rolling again.

Ron
    That's it ....your bounced from the contest I had just forgotten about that.....now I won't sleep tonight

I still suffer from Haiku madness. therapy is helping.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Evil stalks the earth.

Ron has reopened the door
    To haiku madness
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Sum ting sweet fur shore....tanks!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Not a 100% positive but I'm thinking that Angie would like to see more people enter the contest so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will be from scratch next time. If I'm wrong, 100 lashes with a pinpointer ......... Angie will let us know how it will work as it gets closer. Hey there is a lot of year left, so I don't think it will be tomorrow
    Don't worry George, I don't own a pinpointer so it would have to be 100 lashes with my SunRay

I haven't decided yet, to be honest. I very much appreciated those who took the time to post and enter, but overall I was a bit disappointed because given the value of the prizes, I expected more participation. The time of year could have been a factor in that, but this should be less of an issue now. It will happen this summer for sure. Right now we have another contest with a very nice detector as a prize, courtesy of our sponsor John at JMT Metal Detectors.

We wanted to give back to the forum members for their participation and contributions here, in making this forum a great one. I have not seen another detecting forum give away these level of prizes for contests, and it's really something I want to be very special about AD and showing our appreciation for our members.