Thread: looking for a good fresh water sand scoop

Smile looking for a good fresh water sand scoop

I am trying to find a good quality scoop for detecting fresh water. Something sturdy but light. I currently use a galvanized steel scoop that seems to bend every time it hits something other than sand. I detect some beaches and swimming holes with gravel and some rocks. In the spring I plan on hitting a spot in a local river with a lot of history surrounding it and don't want to be held up reshaping my scoop after every dig.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Greg
    Equipment: Whites XLT, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Propointer.
    Oldest coin: 1760's Chinese coin
    Favorite Find: 1940's Lone Ranger Badge
    Best question asked while detecting: "Do you find anything good with that Geiger Counter"

these people make great scoops a bit pricey but very good quality and they seem to have one for every type of soil bottom

http://stavrscoop.com/en/8-sand-scoop
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by WBL TH View Post
    I am trying to find a good quality scoop for detecting fresh water. Something sturdy but light. I currently use a galvanized steel scoop that seems to bend every time it hits something other than sand. I detect some beaches and swimming holes with gravel and some rocks. In the spring I plan on hitting a spot in a local river with a lot of history surrounding it and don't want to be held up reshaping my scoop after every dig.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Greg
    Hi friends!
    Administrator rights! this is the best scoop of all,

Have to pick up for the kind of soil, sand, clay,

Very good quality! And very honest seller!

Regards Sergey!
    Пришел, увидел , выкопал! ))

As an owner of the Evro 2v.22 I can tell you that it's an excellent scoop and worth every penny, ( or should say dollar ).

I also like the looks of the new Monstrik-9 and am considering getting one.

Keep in mind that if you decide to get one, you have a choice of a 1.26" or 1 1/4" internal pipe size. I would strongly recommend the 1 1/4" because it's easier to get a handle to fit into the pipe. Also, be sure and put a 18"-20" dowel inside the bottom, should you want to use a fiberglass handle.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

I'll vote for Stealth scoops. Super heavy duty, Michigan made, with a lifetime warranty.
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

Thanks for the replies. I like the look of some of the Stavr scoops. I am limited in the size of scoop I can use at area beaches so the search continues.

Greg
    Equipment: Whites XLT, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Propointer.
    Oldest coin: 1760's Chinese coin
    Favorite Find: 1940's Lone Ranger Badge
    Best question asked while detecting: "Do you find anything good with that Geiger Counter"

I don't know what your limitations are, but these are top shelf!
    http://www.stealthscoop.com/
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had