Thread: opinions about two detectors....

opinions about two detectors....

Not sure that this will pass the rules or not but here it goes. I have 6 detectors with all but one being a whites. The other is a F75 ltd and I absolutely love it not to mention it was a gift from a great friend. I know different ground reacts different to different machines. But overall in your guys opinion which is the best over all machine for relics and coins the F75 LTD or the Spectra V3i. I'm not looking to cause any arguments nor am I wanting to bash any machines. I'd do a poll here if I knew how. I just want opinions of which of the two is better in your soil and why you think so and only if you have experience with both machines. Thanks.
    One find at a time.

thats a tall order Dirt Fisher as I don' think many have both or even used them two machines .

By the way we aren't affiliated with any manufacturer here so you can ask comparisons of any machines here all day long , we just ask that the replies are honest , respectful and not an attempt to bash a product.I'll be interested to hear the replies myself since i don't own either one of the above machines you listed.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Yep, might not get an answer.
    One find at a time.

I have never tried either of those, but from what I have read and seen on YouTube, the answer may be as simple as both. Each machine is capable, so I would think the best one is the one you click with. Nothing worse than using a machine that you don't feel comfortable with.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Had the Spectra V3 and all I can say is, I'd try the fisher for sure. But asking to trade in the CZ-70; I'd answer no way.

ive had both and both are very capable machines. I like the versatility of the v3i over the f75 . Don't get me wrong I don't think in raw depth one out performs the other but under tough ground conditions or emi situations id have to grab the v3i , mind u there is a much steaper learning curve on it than the 75 but for me that was part of the fun and made me a better detectorist. the v is not for everyone its heavier than the 75 but not crazy heavy. the quality is second to none and tx boost is amazing in most of the places I hunt.

I've never owned an F75, but did take a "demo" out for a weekend when I lived in California... my friend owned the MD shop in San Jose. I also own a V3i... serial #0016.

I found the F75 to be functionally almost a "clone" of the older MXT's. F75 owners, don't take offense... that's a very good thing. If you set it up "right", the F75 is a very good machine and will compete with just about any detector when used by an "expert".

However, comparing it to a V is tough because they are completely different animals when operating them "on the edge". The F75 is really a "whisper" machine when in "high gear" and the V's are "visual" machines that are equally great if you take the time to tweak the programs.

I think if I were recommending one over the other for a relative beginner, it would be the Vision... simply because the F75 requires a lot more experience to get it really deep.
    Last edited by Lowjiber; 01-06-2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spell
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Knowing your detector is the main thing I think

I have never owned an F75 but one of my MDing buddies has one and really does well with. I use a V3i and love it for the flexibility in it's programming for different sites. As to depth, I would say they are similar. The F75 is definitely easier to learn. The V3i has a steep learning curve, but it is worth it.
    V3i DX-1, D2, 6x10, 4x6, Super-12, 10x14DD

I've had my V3i for about 3 yrs now and very happy with it. I've had others but all have been White's brand, so I'm not a good one to compare. I have hunted with others and watched them/tried out variety of detectors and I really like the diverse tone id sounds of V3i. Lots more to learn, but I have learned it well enough that I basically know what's coming out of the ground before I dig. Although the unexpected relics are always a fun surprise. I'd like to try Minelab for reputation of finding deep silver but I find the noise irritating. Maybe I'd get used to it after finding some great stuff LOL

Are you inquiring because you're thinking about getting V3i? Or is one of your 5 white's already... Btw wow- you own quite a few detectors!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

There are Fords and there are Chevys...
    You can never have too many pugs....

I have had both and both kick tail here in the bama mineral bath....but once I mastered the learning curve on the v I sold my f the added versatility of the v was a pay off for me...I sell most of my valuable finds to supplement my income and have no brand loyalties to affect my decisions...its worth the investment to me here in this part of the south...only a couple hours from beaches in the summer and being im in the prime area of bama for prospecting...hope this helps