Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Beach Find

First Beach Find

Hi all. Been a while since we made a post, or even had a chance to glance over the forum in the past couple of months. We sold the house up in Missouri, and made the big move down to Florida. Finally had the chance to get out and hit the beaches and for the past few weekends, only found some battery money and a couple of junk jewelry, until yesterday. The wife loves sea shell and shark teeth hunting, so we drove down south a bit and hit two different beaches. The first beach only produced a few coins, but the second beach brought me my first ring from sunny Florida. It was a men's Triton wedding ring. Hunting the beaches is a tad different than the fields of Missouri, but we are loving it. Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by buck57; 12-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Just one more Beep!

Hey great find on the Triton ring. I think it's tungsten carbide and not platinum though. If it is, they start around $260. Congrats on your first Florida ring. With so many people detecting down there you did well finding a ring so soon
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Which ever it is, It looks like new.
    Congrats & Great Find
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Congrats! looks great.

Greg
    Equipment: Whites XLT, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Propointer.
    Oldest coin: 1760's Chinese coin
    Favorite Find: 1940's Lone Ranger Badge
    Best question asked while detecting: "Do you find anything good with that Geiger Counter"

Your right coinnut. Thanks. it shows this exact ring goes for $369. Good hunting to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Hey great find on the Triton ring. I think it's tungsten carbide and not platinum though. If it is, they start around $260. Congrats on your first Florida ring. With so many people detecting down there you did well finding a ring so soon
    Just one more Beep!

good looking ring Buck congrats on your first from the "sunshine state"
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member
    Congrats and enjoy the nice warm weather. LOL Jealous!!! HH

Quote Originally Posted by buck57 View Post
    Your right coinnut. Thanks. it shows this exact ring goes for $369. Good hunting to ya.
    $369? It's expensive to get married Nice score!!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    good looking ring Buck congrats on your first from the "sunshine state"
    Hey, thanks del. The wife and I decided to make the move down here while we're still young enough to snorkel and live the good life. Now I need to get me one of those short detectors like Mathew Machanauhay had in the movie, "Fools Gold"
    Thanks Timewarpdigger. It's been in the mid to upper 80's ever since we moved here 2 months ago.
    Good hunting to all, and Happy Holidays!
    Last edited by buck57; 12-23-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Just one more Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    $369? It's expensive to get married Nice score!!
    Ain't that the truth coinnut, not unless you find some thing on the beach prior too
    Just one more Beep!

Congrats on the nice ring and your move to Florida . May your next silver be an 8 Reale .

.[
    QUOTE=coinnut;152507]$369? It's expensive to get married Nice score!![/QUOTE]

And even more to get unmarried. Nope , not talking from experience, next year will be our 50th
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Congrats on the nice ring and your move to Florida . May your next silver be an 8 Reale .
    Thanks Cheap Thrills. So, what's a 8 Reale?
    Just one more Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by buck57 View Post
    So, what's a 8 Reale?
    Buck an 8 reale or Spanish mill dollar as they are sometimes called was the staple of currency use from about the 17th to mid 19th centuries for many countries. its what our currency is based or modeled from. many associate them to "pirate treasure" because ofter they were found in "cob" form.

here is some pictures of some
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks for the info Dan. That is surely on my new wish list. I hear the place to go to find a Spanish coin, is after a storm, and between Daytona and Fort Lauderdale Beaches there on the east coast. I'm over by the Tampa area, but have some good spots too, such as Fort Desoto. Plan on detecting Fort Myers area tomorrow, but Fri and Sat, the misses and myself are heading to Key Largo for some snorkeling and the Stone Crab festival. Hope the snow melts soon for you all....
    Just one more Beep!

Just make sure them forts and surrounding areas are not off limits to detecting. Some of them laws may be Federal and caryy hefty fines and confiscation of equipment...not sure if that is in your area or not, but better safe than sorry Also, some silver from beaches comes out clean and shiny, but others come out black and crusty and resemble clad coins that are very tarnished. The same goes for silver rings. Just find the gold and don't waste time on anything else

Hey, thanks for the info George. There are only a couple of Fl State Parks that allow detecting, and Fort Desoto is one, BUT not close to the fort. We were down at Fort Myers last weekend, and hit Lovers Key State Park, which also allowed detecting. That is interesting about how some silver comes out black from the beaches. I need to go back through my junk piles. LOL Happy hunting all.
    Just one more Beep!

Veteran Member
    Buck try Caspersons beach and Venice beach on the gulf side. We find Megaladon teeth there every once in a while. Plus you can find lots of Pleistocene mamals fossils like Sabre tooth cat, camel, mastodon, etc. Its a great place after storms.

Quote Originally Posted by zrickkid View Post
    Buck try Caspersons beach and Venice beach on the gulf side. We find Megaladon teeth there every once in a while. Plus you can find lots of Pleistocene mamals fossils like Sabre tooth cat, camel, mastodon, etc. Its a great place after storms.
    Thanks zrickkid. Casperson is one of our favorite beaches to hit, because of the shark teeth, and that is where I found this ring. Just last Sat in two hours, my wife and I found 206 teeth. My daughter came down for Christmas, and while she was shark teeth hunting with her mama, that is when I found this ring. I've only been here since Oct, and love it. Good hunting to ya.
    Last edited by buck57; 02-08-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    Just one more Beep!

Great score on the Triton ring, I've been putting off posting here til I got a chance to look through my jewelry cause I just knew that I had one or two of that same brand. I found this one in about waist deep water in a swimming area of a county park.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triton.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	36902
    Last edited by giant056; 02-09-2014 at 08:08 AM.