Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: more snow

Quote Originally Posted by Ronandari View Post
    Winters were way worse when I was young walking ten miles to school through 3 feet of snow, uphill in my cardboard shoes. At least that's what I told the kids. seriously, the worst winter I ever saw was the year I spent at Keflavic Iceland. Cold, no sun, high winds constantly and tons of snow. I have despised winter ever since.
    I have to agree with Angie though, the freezing rain here in Kentucky is a real mess. Hopefully it will be over soon and the warm summer days will return.
    Ron
    Yes, Iceland might definitely be the worst!

The freezing rain and ice is driving me nuts. And tonight we are getting storms (rain) for the first time since my house was hit by lightning on Dec 21. I haven't seen any lightning yet, but if I do I will be huddling underneath my imaginary bed. I used to love storms and lightning - now I'm scared to death of it.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Yes Angie, Kentucky has some of the most powerful and crazy weather I have ever seen. I love to watch the thunderstorms but that may change if they affect my life the way they did yours. I hope that you get things back in place soon.
    Best wishes.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
    Even the critters here are taking to the roads and driveways where it's been plowed to get around.
    Took these out of my front window.
    Nice pics Longhair. The deer have munched all my arborvitaes to about the 5 foot mark. It's a perfectly straight line the lenght of the yard. I couldn't have trimmed them that neatly if I had tried !
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    The deer have munched all my arborvitaes to about the 5 foot mark. It's a perfectly straight line the lenght of the yard. I couldn't have trimmed them that neatly if I had tried !
    Add some goats and you won't have to cut the grass either. I think you are on to something !! Now that's thinking
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold