Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any lady detectorists out there?

Hybrid View

Any lady detectorists out there?

Just forget it......
    Last edited by Dick Stout; 02-11-2014 at 07:00 PM.
    You can never have too many pugs....

Geeze you are impatient Mr. Stout.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Where were you going with this ??

We have a few more than accomplished hobbyists here Mr. Stout , including the owner of this great forum.
    Last edited by del; 02-12-2014 at 06:49 AM.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wow Dick!

You are, again, offending quite a few great metal detectorists here with your posts.

What is your agenda this time?
    Last edited by jkress; 02-12-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Very odd post for sure

I guess I missed it.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I understand completely! LOL!
    Minelab CTX 3030
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab GoFind 60
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    Garrett AT ProPointer
    Garrett Recovery Tool
    Stealth 720i Sand Scoop
    Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer
    Land and Sea Pinpointer
    Lesche Digging Tool
    Lesche 40" Shovel
    Lesche Piranha Shovel
    2007 Jeep JK to get me to where the treasure is!

My Youtube Channel! American Digger in Europe:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanDiggerInEurope

Quote Originally Posted by ODA 226 View Post
    I understand completely! LOL!
    Do you?

Oh forget it, you men are all the same! (sarcasm)

Yes I am a woman... a very cool, stable, down-to-earth woman. Most of us are

Actually I'll go ahead and say it- he's frustrated that he didn't get any responses, he rarely does because the main reason he posts here at AD is to draw people to his website.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post

Actually I'll go ahead and say it- he's frustrated that he didn't get any responses, he rarely does because the main reason he posts here at AD is to draw people to his website.
    You know I have not been here long enough to know better, so I'll risk saying this and hope not to offend anyone. I know nothing about Dick Stout however I was curious enough after all the banter to find his website and I have to tell you after a quick peek there was a lot of good stuff there! Again I hope my naivety doesn't bite me in the butt. I'm just saying.......
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    You know I have not been here long enough to know better, so I'll risk saying this and hope not to offend anyone. I know nothing about Dick Stout however I was curious enough after all the banter to find his website and I have to tell you after a quick peek there was a lot of good stuff there! Again I hope my naivety doesn't bite me in the butt. I'm just saying.......
    Tom, If a forum has to trap you here to keep you, then it isn't a forum I want to call home. We don't get mad if people visit other places, but we don't want to be the place other forums harvest members from. A lot of places on the web have great information, but the attitudes of some of those people make it worth just getting the information and not joining. I have been to other forums that the level of hostility is unreal. I just don't want to hang with those kind of people, that is why I came back here. Here is home base for me and hopefully other members feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Tom, If a forum has to trap you here to keep you, then it isn't a forum I want to call home. We don't get mad if people visit other places, but we don't want to be the place other forums harvest members from. A lot of places on the web have great information, but the attitudes of some of those people make it worth just getting the information and not joining. I have been to other forums that the level of hostility is unreal. I just don't want to hang with those kind of people, that is why I came back here. Here is home base for me and hopefully other members feel the same way.
    I have never looked at or joined any other forums ever before, this is my maiden voyage. With that being said, I have no desire or reason to look further. You guys and gals have all been very "family-like", helpful, entertaining, knowledgeable, not only to me, but to each other. I'm here to stay! (when I'm not out hunting).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Tom I certainly respect and commend you for bringing up your comment as Coinnut said we don't hold tethers on anyone , they are free to visit here or any other forum , "so no offense taken" . Most if not all the staff here have been either long time members or staff members on other forums in the past. We've seen or experienced things/ issues on them to know what we don't want on this forum so we try to be a different while still being friendly , open to have respectful honest discussion ,helpful and fun.

Mr. Stout was a renown and knowledgeable hobbyist in the metal detecting world years ago and sometimes raises important issues from time to time. However now he seems to spend a lot more time and effort on stirring the pot on forums to raise awareness about his website/blog which I was informed is "about him" and in my opinion not so much about the hobby anymore. Don't get me wrong I think he could be a valuable source of information and mentor to many new people getting into the hobby because of his knowledge and experience but I'm sad to say I don't think his focus or desire is to share that part of himself anymore.I certainly wish Mr. Stout the best in any future endeavor .

Dan

I am of female gender, but I missed the point, as I see it was edited. ???

Quote Originally Posted by KCFindIt View Post
    I am of female gender, but I missed the point, as I see it was edited. ???
    I think most of us did. He removed it before it was seen. It was up about one and a half hour or so.

Maybe he thought it was a dating website

Quote Originally Posted by chief5709 View Post
    Maybe he thought it was a dating website
    It is... we match people with machines

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    It is... we match people with machines
    And we (ya'll) date our finds!

Quote Originally Posted by KCFindIt View Post
    And we (ya'll) date our finds!
    well I know first hand that Coinnut has tried to take some of my finds home with him the "Smooth Character" that he is .

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    well I know first hand that Coinnut has tried to take some of my finds home with him the "Smooth Character" that he is .
    I can understand that. Afterall, you have some very nice finds. He only wants to date them for you!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

Yep, smooth I am not You can have your crusty coppers