Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies

For me it's guns, crossbows, hunting stuff, performance motorcycles/racing, and since I make my living with them horses, anvils, and forges. Some of my stuff is collectable, but for the most part I use them.

Name:  In The Campground 01e.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  92.2 KB

Name:  Prettiest Mare 01.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  68.4 KB
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

I think Tony may have started a new thread. Photos of our selves in the 80s.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Put the detector in a back pack ~ hop on the bike go for a ride ~ stop and do some hunting ~ back onto the bike and head home. No need to miss out on bike time! I like to do that on the east coast, much easier to find a parking spot at the beach with the bike and I get to combine two hobby's!
    That is actually in my plans for this summer. Great minds think alike.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

You guys have very nice collections and hobbies. My other hobbies are collecting silver bars by cashing in my clad and metal working, Heres a pic of most of my clad and a few pieces of my work. If any of you are bored you can find my soon to be wife and I on Facebook Benjiandthebanditwelding
    Name:  IMG_0995.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  92.1 KB
    This chair was made from 1951 ford tractor fenders and 200 year old barn cedar.
    Name:  IMG_0593.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  124.6 KB
    Sunfish and sea turtle.
    Name:  IMG_0588.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  74.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0767.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  103.6 KB
    I made these two sand scoops 2 years ago and haven't used them 5 times
    Name:  IMG_2241.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  60.6 KB

Very nice metalwork. Love that Turtle !!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Great looking metal work. Gotta agree that turtle looks fantastic
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I like the fish and water lily and how you incorporated the drift wood. Looking good!

Thank you guys. I enjoy metal working a lot. Just wish i used my sand scoops more lol

I bet there is someone out there who would kill to get those fenders you made a chair out of!
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

I bet there is someone out there who would kill to get those fenders you made a chair out of!
    They should of beat me to the junk yard then

Quote Originally Posted by NJJOSH View Post
    They should of beat me to the junk yard then
    They just might, when you eventually junk the chair Looks like they will pop off of there and can be repaired. You do great work. I may need to hire you to make me a custom park shovel I wanted, since I couldn't get Lesche to do one for me
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    They just might, when you eventually junk the chair Looks like they will pop off of there and can be repaired. You do great work. I may need to hire you to make me a custom park shovel I wanted, since I couldn't get Lesche to do one for me
    I can't get any love on my chair. Its the most comfortable ever. I would be more than happy to build you what ever you would like George. Maybe work out a deal like ill build it and you take me cellar hole hunting. and not one of those that was hit in the contest thats going on with you and del

I can't get any love on my chair. Its the most comfortable ever. I would be more than happy to build you what ever you would like George. Maybe work out a deal like ill build it and you take me cellar hole hunting. and not one of those that was hit in the contest thats going on with you and del
    We love the chair....but we love the parts better I would pay you for the shovel, the cellar holes are free cause they all are hit these days. So prepare to work hard and long for those crusty coppers But first is first....get rid of that damn snow
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I hunt meteorites in the desert, and seriously dabble in astronomy.

I used to windsurf, but moving to the desert pretty much put the skids on that one.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

You guys have the coolest other hobbies and collections, and some of you are obviously very naturally talented. I am so envious.
    I grew up (in the 70s and 80s) with an interest in metal detecting, but it wasn't an obsession. I had a cheap little detector, and I found a few old coins, but it faded, although I never completely forgot about it. Then the work years hit and I have always had a high work drive as a number one priority. Now that I've aged a bit, my focus has returned to metal detecting.
    My pets and farm animals are what keeps my interest when I'm not detecting. I love my cows and cats and chickens and horse and goats and sheep and dog...
    Kasey

Didn't mean I did not like the chair Josh, you did a great job, just I like the fenders better!Of course I'm an old tractor guy so I see different value in the parts. Because the fenders came off of an old ford, I'm really not too offended. Although I made a lot of money fixing fords, I just don't like them.
    Tom

Didn't mean I did not like the chair Josh, you did a great job, just I like the fenders better!Of course I'm an old tractor guy so I see different value in the parts. Because the fenders came off of an old ford, I'm really not too offended. Although I made a lot of money fixing fords, I just don't like them.
    I hear you on the parts value. to me I'm saving it from melt down. So you would like the table i made from a farmall H grill? What kind of tractors you into?

I hear you on the parts value. to me I'm saving it from melt down. So you would like the table i made from a farmall H grill? What kind of tractors you into?
    I'm not into the BIG tractors, what I like to collect are called "Garden Tractors". I have a few of the old sears ones from the 60s and 70s. I just picked up two Cub Cadets, one with a loader on it and the other with both a snow blower and a mower deck! The Cubs are vintage 1968! Of course I also have my very large backhoe a Case 580B CK. That's for the really deep MD signals!
    Tom

I'm not into the BIG tractors, what I like to collect are called "Garden Tractors". I have a few of the old sears ones from the 60s and 70s. I just picked up two Cub Cadets, one with a loader on it and the other with both a snow blower and a mower deck! The Cubs are vintage 1968! Of course I also have my very large backhoe a Case 580B CK. That's for the really deep MD signals!
    Very sweet i love garden tractors i mow with a 1973 wheel horse. My soon to be father inlaw restores them he has a lot of the early model rj's he also has an early Three wheeled copar panzer with a side sickle bar.

wow some great hobbies , Josh you have some serious skills love the chair
    Tony that comic book collection is HUGE , they must be worth a "pretty penny " now .

Longhair thats a sweet bike , looks scarey fast too.

Freemindstuck you have some real talent with the wood working , those are some beautifully intricate looking puzzles.

Don , that is a great collection of fossils . something i miss finding when i lived out in Arizona.

unfortunately i sold some of my hobby projects off years ago ( 70 supersport , 68 malibu and 68 supersport el camino) but I'm still madly in love with the older chevelles and someday i'll get me another one. Until then I still wheel my Jeep wrangler and spend time camping ( i can't wait to go either) with my kids and Wife.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by del; 02-22-2014 at 02:30 AM.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album