Thread: new message banner

new message banner

I'm a new member, so this may be user error. When I click on the new message button, I get no response. Could be my firewall software and will continue to work on this.

Also, after selecting a thread I am getting a new blank window to open with the following URL:

This happens occasionally. Any help will be appreciated. The opening of threads issue just started this morning and was working fine yesterday.
    Last edited by coinnut; 03-12-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: removed link
    DFX950, Whites 6x10 Shooter, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer, Gator Digger, Blue Max HP, Detech 10x12

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. Albert Einstein

I'm not seeing it happen on my end Brownbeardad . what browser are you currently using??
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hi, I removed that link just in case it had a virus, which you may have picked up. If we leave it here we can spread it.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Certain that the link does not contain a virus. I am very proactive on keeping the laptop clean and maintained. I have noticed since my post that other websites are producing this error, so the issue must be on my side. Thanks for the responses.
    DFX950, Whites 6x10 Shooter, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer, Gator Digger, Blue Max HP, Detech 10x12

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. Albert Einstein

When I opened it I got an add. That is never a good thing It a full time job keeping computers clean these days. Let us know if it doesn't correct itself on your end. I could end up being on our end and we just don't know it yet.

Thanks for your help del and coinnut. It was my Firefox browser that was causing the problem on my end. I reset the browser and the blank popups are not occurring. It is interesting that under Firefox help that a dedicated link exists for just this issue. It must be a full time job to keep the newbies in check. lol

Quote Originally Posted by brownbeardad View Post
    Thanks for your help del and coinnut. It must be a full time job to keep the newbies in check. lol
    No problem , thats what we're here for beside the "newbies" aren't a a big deal its that coinnut fellow you have to keep in check.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Newbies are fine it's the staff that has to be watched carefully (especially that DEL guy)

Im a newbie to the site and I love it! Great job everyone and I look forward to all the great things I will see and learn from everyone on here! Thanks again.