Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a new search coil for my V3i as my stock 10DD coil went bad. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Whites admitting there's a problem or defect to one of its products or offering an explanation ?? Tom , don't hold your breath ....
    Ya, I suppose your right!
    I have more respect for folks who own there mistakes, right or wrong.
    But manufactures don't play by the same set of morals.
    I guess the fact they keep swapping the bad coils out no charge will have to be good enough.
    The tech in me just wants to know what went wrong, curiosity is all.
    And please no bad jokes about that unfortunate cat!
    Tom
    Oldest Pull Tab Found, Mid 1963!
    Coin Master-4D, Coin Master-GT, Spectra-V3i.
    Most reliable and accurate metal detector ever made: A Magnet...
    There is a tool for almost anything, however no one tool works for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Ya, I suppose your right!
    I have more respect for folks who own there mistakes, right or wrong.
    But manufactures don't play by the same set of morals.
    I guess the fact they keep swapping the bad coils out no charge will have to be good enough.
    The tech in me just wants to know what went wrong, curiosity is all.
    And please no bad jokes about that unfortunate cat!
    I couldn't agree more Tom , everyone can make mistakes but taking the responsibility and owning up to them , making it right takes great character. its a numbers game with money being the bottom line to corporations though , I've heard many reasons as to what went wrong with their coils and I'm sure one of them may be true but they will never admit it , they don't want our respect just our money Tom , its unfortunate but they all do.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I know that the early D2 coils were much lighter in construction, when I first got the D2 coil for my MXT (before the V3 came out) it was actually stamped with the V so I'm sure it was designed specifically for their upcoming "Vision" which was out soon after the D2. I still have this coil but it finally went south on me about a year ago and one of these days I'm going to mail it into Whites to see if they can repair it. I suspect the lighter construction was part of the main problem with these coils however I've also seen cases where the heavier ones went bad as well. It's too bad that Whites has never fessed up to what they found the real problem is or hopefully was the problem with this coil. I know that on their forum they say they go out of null, well when they null these coils they should use components with tolerance's tight and a correct way of mounting all the internal components so they don't move. I hope that the D2 that came with my Detector holds up better than my original did, I know that on the original I could press on the bottom of the coil and it would false whereas the later one doesn't do this.

My 5.3 Eclipse Coil is on my V3i and stays on. I love the trash separation. I also have the 4x6DD if I need it but never use it. I don't care about digging to China for a coin.
    (2) Whites DFX, Eagle II SL 90, Coinmaster, DB4, PRL-1, Surfmaster II, Whites V3i, FISHER 1212x, 1225x, Garrett Pro Pointer, Wilcox All Pro #251 Digger, Sun Ray DX-1, Whites Bullseye II, Whites Auto Scan Detector

Detec ultimate 13. Kellyco sells them and it works on all 3 frequencies. I bought mine from Blake
    WHITES DFX

I would be surprised if it was nulled correctly. I know they have some SEF coils that come pretty close.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

I know this is an old topic but the SEF 8X6 just can not be beat for general use.

In very trashy areas the 4X6 eclipse does wonders. I have searched areas with larger coils and re-searched with my 4X6 and found several coins that I missed with the larger coils due to all the trash.

I have the 10x12 SEF for 4 months. It's a little big for trashy areas, but is awesome to work with. Looking forward to getting 8x6 SEF.

I have the SEF 8X6 as well and can say it is a great coil. I just wish it was 6" wide and 8" long. I find that often I get more than one target under the coil which causes ID problems. As far as depth, I get better depth out of the SEF 8X6 than I did the stock coil.